Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Norovirus - HELP!

Re: Norovirus - HELP!

Hi

I don't know if this helps at all but I heard a news report saying that flu had peaked and cases were now on the decline. I don't know about norovirus but I do know that before Christmas it was said that it would peak in January or February. The good thing ( if there is a good thing) about norovirus as opposed to flu is that it is easier to protect yourself against it with good hand hygiene. With colds and flu people seem to try to play the hero and struggle on going to work which makes life much harder for those of us that are trying to avoid it.

The end is in sight lol.

Orange Blossom - u sound so much like me its scary!!! i had the same probs virus/sore throat and had to get the train back to Ldn on Mon and now commuting back on the tubes!and yep my hands look like those of a 120yr old cos theyre so dry and cracked from over washing and anti bacterial gel!!! lol
    coz im workin with kids im terrified one of them will get the norovirus and anytime they get a slight temp or look a bit unwell i send them home!!! im still optimistic coz i dont kno anyone that has had this yet this yr!!!

I was looking at the NHS website about Norovirus which hs reassured me. Norovirus is not at bad as I thought and certainly isn't life threatening.

If you are worried, look at the short video on here :

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Norovir...hat-is-it.aspx

Sunshine Lady - I too have looked at all the various websites there are around about Norovirus but unfortunately for someone (like myself) who has a terrible Emetophobia, although logically you know that it wouldn't kill you to be sick, that doesn't help.

In your mind, knowing that you would survive it doesn't really help because it's not really the thought of dying - it is the whole thing about vomiting up in the first place - you understand.

Every day at the moment I find myself typing in "Winter vomiting bug" and praying to see something saying that it is decreasing at last. I will not feel happier until I hear that it is dying down/stopping.

Last night I was on the phone to a friend who stays about 50 miles away from me and during our conversation, she just happened to mention that her day off was today but she had to go in because so many people had phoned in sick. Immediately, I found myself interrogating her (as usual) and found out that most of them were off with this vomiting bug. Well! - that was it - I was in total panic for the rest of the night, constantly thinking I was coming down with it or might come down with it or the kids etc....

It is a bl***y nightmare.

Hi Jenny,

I can totally empathise with you as I too have emetophobia,not to the extent you have, although I have had a rolling hiatus hernia for years which causes me to vomit, so I have had to gradually come to terms with that. I now have more of a fear of other people being ill. I have a grandaughter and I can cope with changing her nappy anytime, but run a mile with panic if I even suspect she may vomit.

I really hope you get some relief from this debilitating phobia xxx

You are all exactly like me. Exactly. A lot of people in my city have Noro right now (I'm in the US) and it made the news and I'm a basketcase. My hands are cracked and hurt so much. I slather them with goop and wear gloves at night, but it doesn't help much. I just want to know it's going away. I'll feel so much better once I know it's dying down. This is h*ll.

hi

I caught the norovirus yesterday from my son and I absolutely HATE being sick. It happened twice then someone on this board suggested that I should drink very flat coke. It worked like magic. I stopped being sick completely,though I still have other symptoms eg. diarrhoea and fever. I feel sooo much better because of the coke, apparently the potassium in it calms the stomach.
    Just posted this to say there is a solution in case you do catch it... but you won't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information