Thread: Look deeper into NMP!

Look deeper into NMP!

When I first joined NMP back in August my biggest attraction was the forum and chat. At last i had found people like myself, people who were understanding to my needs and whom I could help in return.
    What an amazing bunch you are!
    Joining this site encouraged me to get back out to work and enjoy the big bad world again but I am not 100% there yet. I dont really know if I ever will be, but i am optimistic! I am certainly much better than I was back in the summer and for those of you who don't know me, I was pretty bad! I was at rock bottom, my anxiety was through the roof and i had become extremely depressed to the point I was having irrational thoughts. These thoughts scared me senseless so i reached out to my family and my g.p for help. Thank God!
    I stumbled upon NMP by accident whilst 'googling' (so its not all that bad to google). I felt as if I had found my way home (as corny as that sounds, it is true). I felt able to open up, be truly honest about my feelings and find the strength i needed to fight this bully.
    More recently I have been able to cope better and now have many different distractions in my life, therefore i havent needed the forums as much. I like to visit and read up on how everyone is doing but my main use from NMP these days is the actual website itself. Both me and my partner (who tried the forums and decided it wasnt for him) have found the information so helpful. We have followed all the advice and are now using it to change our lifestyles.
    So, the point of this post is just to let 'those that dont know' that there is so much more to NMP. It is a fantastic website & the people who set it up, the people who maintain and the people who visit here are truly inspirational.

To the left hand side of this page there is a main menu, which contains everything you need to know about dealing with panic and anxiety etc.
    Please use this resource, it is easy to read, easy to swallow and will set you on the path to recovery.

Re: Look deeper into NMP!

in many of my posts i suggest people look at "symtoms" in the main menu.
    I often wonder if they do
    There is so much interesting info on there
    WELL DONE YOU FOR POINTING THIS OUT
    THE HUGE AMOUNT OF RESEARCH DONE TO SET UP THIS SITE MUST HAVE TAKEN MANY MANY HOURS.
    thank you one and all for yoru time and effort we benefit greatly from your hard work

Here Here!! June
    and yeah it must have taken ages to put all that information together in a format that is easy to follow and undrestand.

Hi pinkpiglet

That is wonderful news that NMP has played a part helping you return to work and the big bad world out there!

I too have benefited hugely by reading the information on the left. The people who run this site are amazing! They must put so much time developing and running this site despite having their own issues to deal with. A HUGE thank you to them all.

Thank you for the kind words about the website.

Yes it did take me a long time to write it all and I was lucky to have some members who contributed articles as well.

I am so pleased it has really helped you so much and thanks for the lovely post

I do wonder if people ever read the info as like you say there is some great advice there and it would be a shame if people missed reading it so my advice is to read it all as well - you may learn something you never knew!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Its true what you say, I head straight for the forum, with the odd glance of symptoms, to remind myself. Maybe if I took more time to look around the site, I would benefit more.

Thanks for the post xxx

I can't even remember how I found NMP, but what I do know is that it wasn't the forum or the chat that helped me initially, it was that very menu on the left hand side that told me I wasn't off my rocker and that what i was experiencing was normal when anxiety was high. I was so scared of the violent thoughts I was having towards other people, but the symptoms described me to a tee and from then on I have found it much easier to understand whats happening and cope.
    I would always recommend that that be the starting point for everyone because as you have all said, it is a fantastic resource.

Pooh xx
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Thread Information