View Poll Results: Should I Be retested by MRI?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - ask for an MRI on the NHS

1 4.17%
  • Yes - ask to be referred for one privately

1 4.17%
  • No - trust the doctor and the CT scan

22 91.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I be retested by MRI?

Unhappy Should I be retested by MRI?

Hi There
    Have posted lots fof threads about my self diagnosed brain tumour/sinus tumour etc. I have had a ct scan of my brain and 2 of my sinuses.

I am still v worried I have a head tumour of some kind.

I am still having the facial pain symptoms, face ache/frontal headaches and now episodes of light headedness. Have had a few visual problems, just flashing lights in one eye.

The GP has referred me to the pain clinic but I am convinced there is a tumour there. This fear is further fuelled by me reading on lots of websites that:
    Generally CT is preferred where bone details are of paramount importance (long bones, spine, skull), whilst MRI produces much better soft tissue details (brain, spinal cord etc)
    CT scans are useful for examining body cavities (thorax, abdomen, pelvis) for calcium deposits, cysts, and abscesses.

So what should I do.....I could demand an nhs referral but am not sure that would work, so maybe I could pay...
    Last edited by fairyloveheart; 05-01-09 at 15:38. Reason: Error in title

Re: Should I be retested by MRI?

Fairy.

If I may be so bold: you need to let this go now. NONE of those symptoms are consistent with a brain tumour, your doctor and your tests agree with that. You need to accept that it is tension causing this pain.

Seeking further re-assurance on here isn't going to help you in the long run: no amount of re-assurance has helped you so far, so I'm afraid acceptance is what you need to go through.

Take it easy,

Atmo

Hi Fairyloveheart

I think Atmo is right you do need to accept that everything is ok and you have had all the tests done. It does seem that your problems could be down to tension and anxiety and I think once you learn to accept this you may start feeling better.

Have you ever tried reading any of Claire Weeks books, by reading these I learnt to accept my symptoms of anxiety and panic and once I had accepted I began to learn to deal with each one of them and started to feel much better.

I wish you luck

Carol

Hi,

I think you need to take you doctors word for ir and the fact you have had tests. I know that is so easy to say, than do, but it really is the best way forward. The more reassurance people get, the more they need and it really doesn't help in the long term.

I'm one of those people and starting to realise that.

Good luck x

But if a CT scan doesn't show possible tumours.... ARGH!!! I can feel my hear beating in my neck, throbbing......is that normal....

I have read the Claire Weekes but didn't find it very useful.

I have just ordered a new book off Amazon, not got it yet though

I agree, that you have no signs of a tumor, docs are very good at reading these symptoms and I have suffered everything on your list during my own personal brain tumor panics, please try to be reassured

Hi, like other people have said i think you need to let this go and put your trust in the Drs. I know you feel that you may have a tumour or something, however the tests have proved that there is nothing untowards. There isn't anything physical wrong with you, it is anxiety that make you feel this way

I had my six monthly MRI yesterday and when I came out I could see my brain tumour on the monitor, if you had one I am sure they would have found it they stick out like a sore thumb.

i'd have an mri esp of your pituitary

Hi

Might not be what everyone else says but I think you should get an MRI either on the NHS or privately

You are so worried and anxious and it is obvioulsy affecting your day to day life - if you have the MRI and can see it is all normal then you will know it is anxiety based etc etc etc

To the people who say no signs of a tumor etc well I had one and had NO headaches!!!!! - sometimes symptoms dont follow what google says

It is all very well for everyone to say no dont have it but if I was you - and dont forget I have gone through similar - then I definetly would push for it one way or another then you can get on with life(says me!!!)

Hope this helps

Mark

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information