Thread: Blood pressure worries again

Unhappy Blood pressure worries again

Hi,

I posted for the first time around 5 weeks ago..... I'm pregnant, currently 14 weeks.

The problem before was briefly that on my booking appointment with the midwife i had a blood pressure of 127/93...... I was pretty anxious at the appointment as i worried something would be wrong..... I hate checkups!

She made a point of saying it was high and that they'd keep an eye on it and she underlined it in my notes!! Of course all this led to a case of anxiety for the next few weeks, me worrying about my blood pressure.

I did go to my doctors about a week after i saw her because i had a bad cough and i mentioned what she had said and what the reading was. He took it again and said how completely tense and anxious i was! My blood pressure that time was 145/75 which he said was nothing to worry about. He said the anxiety was pushing it up slightly, nothing to worry about and said his would be higher too if you tested his when he was waiting at the dentists!!

So anyway.... i spent the next few weeks convincing myself tha the first reading was caused by anxiety and that i had nothing to worry about. I had pretty much got this sorted and was feeling MUCH less anxious about it all....

Then today i had my first ultrasound at hospital. Afterwards when they gave me back my notes they said i had an appointment later this month at the hypertension clinic!!!!

This has completely set me back again! I had let myself believe the doctor and my anxiety had eased. Now i'm off again....

Basically i dont understand how the midwife based on ONE blood pressure reading can send me to the clinic!!! I'm worrying about it already... theres NO WAY i wont be anxious on the day and this will bump up my BP.....

The midwife doesnt know about my reading at the docs or what he said becuse i havent had another appointment with her yet since the first one... but shes still basing it on one reading..... AND i told her about my anxiety after it had been done....

I'm so scared and thinking about this constantly for the next few weeks..... All my hard work getting over it before and feeling ok again and now this....

At the mo i also have a bad cough and i'm getting no sleep at all, only one and half hours last night so i'm shattered which doesnt help to cope with the anxiety again.

I've got a docs appointment in an hour or so but im already worrying about it....

I cant take ANYTHING for the anxiety so just have to control it myself!!

Any advice anyone xx

Re: Blood pressure worries again

I had high blood pressure in 2 out of 3 of my pregnancies and with the last one was on medication. Anxiety can and will defintely drive it up. The reason they are likely sending you to the clinic is because there are two patients and when pregnant BP is not something to take lightly. You can have a pregnancy with high BP and everything be ok so try not to worry. I bet if you take your mind of it things will calm down.

Re: Blood pressure worries again

hey hun,

i had bp through out my pregnancy! mine was 100 at the bottom at book in. cant remember the top num as dont have my notes anymore! i was taking beta blockers and im stil on them now and i had her 2 months ago! it stil hasnt come back down lol. but they cant seem to find an answer why apart from my anxiety! hope it goes well at the docs! PM me if you wana chat about out

Jo xxx

Thread Information