Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 2nd Time On Citalopram

Smile My 2nd Time On Citalopram

To cut a long story short I was on citalopram for depression and extreme anxiety last march - november last year and had horrible side effects for the first 2 weeks (no sleep/couldn't eat/dark thoughts/anxiety all time high at first). However I stuck with them and they seriously took me out of a dark hole and 'fixed me'. I came off them over 2 months and suffered zero side effects, not a single thing!. I'm not supposed to drink, my doctor has even said as it makes me so incredible anxious the next day. Well on St. Stephens night I decided to drink 2 bottles of white wine to myself and the next day the panic/anxiety/depression kicked back in and I was like that for over a week. I went back on citalopram 20mg and yesterday was my first day. I was scared of the side effects as I knew what it was like from last year. Yesterday after I took the tablet these were my side-effects - spacey and looked drugged - for anyone who has ever taken an ecstacy tablet, it was like this without the good parts! Very tired also. A bit anxious and jittery. But this time I was actually able to eat all my meals and I slept from 3am-7am and then from 7.15-10.30 so I was delighted with that and shocked! At least I have my appetite and a bit of sleep as when you are anxious you need your sleep! So so far so good, I'm hopeful that these will work and when I come off them next time, - NO MORE ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!!! I will post back tomorrow to give a diary again xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: My 2nd Time On Citalopram

Hii

i'm happy you didnt have to go through all the side effects again .. coz i know it's horrible i have been on citalapram for 5 days and for the first days i looked druged and yesterday i was really dizzy that i could stand for more than 10 seconds.. but today i'm not dizzy at al..

i envy people who lose their appetite as a result of this medication lol .. i dont know why it's something to complain about ..

hope you will continue feeling better..

Hello all! Day 3 on 20mg Citalopram and have to say my side-effects have lessened! Thank God! Just very tired but was very cold last night so thats probably got alot to do with it! Didn't get alot of sleep, 2 hours max. Feeling alot better that the effects are going away quickly. Cant wait for it to kick in now so I can actually be bothered doing something! I'm just watching crappy tv all day! x

Glad your feeling a it better today

Thanks EmmaJane. The first time was harder and I suppose as Im not near as anxious as I was last year its easier for me to deal with it x

Hi Asha, really pleased to read you're doing ok! Side effects calming down after 3 days sounds alot better than how they were for you the first time round. Hope you carry on feeling a bit better. I'm feeling much happier and calmer than 2 months ago but unfortunately my head is still doing mad movements so I have been referred to a neurologist, which is next tuesday. I'm looking forward to getting some answers (but know it probably won't be that easy).

Hi Alb, really hope you get answers about the head movements finally to put your mind as ease. Day 4 and I slept pretty well last night probably about 6 hours and today have no symptoms at all! x

Day 5 on 20mg citalopram. Woke at 7am as if I had drank 2 double expressos! Fell back asleep then till 8am. Slept about 5 hours! Have no side effects other than tiredness. Oh and what a strange day I have had, I'm wondering is it the the full moon! I tripped over a lead and smashed up the bedroom lamp! Then I went down to woodys D.I.Y store to buy a new lamp and ended up knocking over a pyramid of boxed of lamps! Then I crashed my parents car into a long rectangular ceramic flower pot at our house and took the front of the car off! Then I went to collect my son and was standing outside the school and realised I was an hour early! Other than all this I am okay! bit of anxiety but hoping tablets will kick in soon xxxxxxx
    Last edited by Asha1979; 09-01-09 at 17:44. Reason: forgot to put in the word 'it'

Day 8 of citalopram 20mg. Hey all managed to go to a christening on sunday wasnt so anxious! No side effects at all except for the trying to get to sleep at night takes a while! Other than that I feel okayx
    Last edited by Asha1979; 12-01-09 at 14:29. Reason: forgot to put in what day in i was

Hi Asha, glad to read you're still doing well x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information