Thread: my situation (please offer advice)

my situation (please offer advice)

i have found the uk sites to actually be very beneficial to me, perhaps superior to the american ones, and wish to send gratitude to all who have helped create them. now to the point

whats up,
    i am trying to research the long term effects of psychedelics, most particularly magic mushrooms, to see if flashbacks and panic attacks, nervousness, paranoia, headaches, sleep probs, dizziness or feeling dazed or out of it, feeling like my body is not functioning properly, lightheadedness, extreme anxiety are also linked to the use of magic mushrooms. because it seems as though my anxiety definitely spawned from a bad trip i had, everything post that trip seems to be in the mist of anxiety. this was not my first trip but was my first bad one and i have only done this kind of stuff a handful of times. i am being told that shrooms are basically natural and that the body is able to easily excrete them over a short period of time so basically i am wondering why i am still suffering from all of the above symptoms of this over a year later even though i have stayed almost entirely clean of all drugs for that time period, how has this effected my brain chemistry and what can i do about it? thus far what i have done is psychological therapy once a week for a few months and it has helped, i am also on a very low dose of klonopin/ clonezepam, this has also helped. i tried paxil and zoloft for anxiety but decided to quit it only after a few uses because of the discomfort it caused, it didnt sit well with me and i was afraid of how it might reshape me as a person when i got into the long duration of taking it. i was also not real happy with the idea of sexual disfunction. i am trying to research anxiety over the internet to see what i come up with, perhaps related experiences. perhaps there is a specific test i can take to diagnose an anxiety disorder, perhaps something neurological? so far my doctor has done some blood work and i have taken a cat test and an eeg test and nothing has come up bad. my anxiety is decreasing with time and so i am thinking that it shall continue to do so but i am sending out these emails to get further suggestions and advice in this area, perhaps someone in this mix can give me profound advice. in thinking back through my youth i can definitely think of things that happened that may be considered anxiety attacks but when it was over, it was over, i was never afraid of the same experience post the actual occurance and never had such intense irrational fear. anyway if you can help out please mail me back. bruce

i am here as a result of my continuing efforts to lead an anxiety free life

may help to know the 'irretional fear' you talk has taken hold of me so bad, that now i need to get things sorted i cant,and things have gotten grim very fast (re-message board 'im losing everything')but it still wont leave off.
    i have some papers from a councilor if you are interested i could scan an send them to you if it will be of any help, they helped me find at least some understanding,
    will leave it to you :0)

ps. dont think its drugs tho i dont think they helped, added to the symptons if any thing? im no professional!

regards

kiki

Bruce,

I too did my share of experimenting with drugs in my teens. Shrooms, microdot you name it I did it. My first panic experience was also drug induced. Believe it or not it was not the acid but plain old weed that did it for me. I was shaking for a week. I guess I've never been the same since. I think it is the experience that traumatizes us not the drug. Like a bad car accident or being in a war. The particular medication is just a catalyste.

I often thought I was having drug flashbacks and that is what caused the panic. Now I've come to accept that it is the "fear" experienced at that time that put in motion a cycle of continued reshaping of my thinking patterns, ie avoidance, negative anticipation, internalization, etc.

It sounds like you are making great progress and your perspective and outlook on things is excellent. How it all started could be simple or it could be complicated. We can blame the drugs - I know I do. Or your parents, the guy who slammed into your car, the mugger who attacked you, Nixon, the 70's...My point being - Knowing the cause will not necessarily bring you any closer to a cure and can distract you from moving forward. But you know that already. Focus your energy on the present and the future and accept that the past can not be changed, but tomorrow can.

Be well my friend,

Stevo

Listen to Stevo, he is wise!

Thread Information