Thread: Noro - my mum thinks I'm losing it!

Noro - my mum thinks I'm losing it!

Hi, me on about noro again! Sorry x

Ok. My mum started being s*** yesterday morning. I was at hers on Sunday. So, in a complete panic, I spent hours on google yesterday (again!) to find out the minimum/maximum incubation period etc...

I should have been sympathetic, but all I could do was keep phoning her to ask what time she was last s***. What with all the worrying, by the time I went to bed last night I felt absolutely dreadful. I was convinced I had it, bad stomach ache/nausea/headache (also anxiety symptoms, I know!). This morning I was back on google, reminding myself how to limit the risk because I obviously didn't know all that already. Phoned mum again to see how she was (honest) and thought I'd ask when she was last s***, again. All of sudden, mum asked me why I kept repeating myself. I didn't realise I had. And I kept getting stuck for words, you know when you think you're talking but you're not? Like your brain has slowed right down and the pauses you have to think are actually a lot longer than they seem?

I don't know. My emet has been really, really bad the last couple of months. Worse than ever at the moment. There must be SOMETHING I can do/take to make it just a bit easier? I'm taking sertraline (and motilium). I'm so close to raiding my secret stash of diazepam...

Re: Noro - my mum thinks I'm losing it!

No. 1. If your mum was sick yesterday and you were with her Sunday there is NO WAY IN THE WORLD you will catch it.

No. 2. If you have Googled this, you will know that you can ONLY catch it if A) You've been near either the vomit or runs when its being done, B) Touching something the infected person has (ie. a person who is doing it) and they have no cleaned their hands. C) Eating food prepared by someone who is SHOWING symptoms

No. 3 - Motilium will NOT help with the Norovirus.

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Thread Information