Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Donations and NMP shop purchases to help fund the site.

Donations and NMP shop purchases to help fund the site.

As some of you will be aware I have been very lucky over the past 7 years in that Alex's (my partner) company provided us with a server that we could run NMP from and this was free of charge.

The only other costs I have paid are domain name renewals, VBulletin yearly fee (for this forum), quiz prizes, postage costs for flyers and advertising material, chat room cost, up-front costs of shop items etc.

If you have ever tried to host a website somewhere you will appreciate how costly it can be if you want unlimited disk space, bandwidth, 24x7 support, full access to the server etc etc.

Since December we were no longer able to host NMP on one of Alex's company servers so we have had to pay another company to host the site for us. The cost for this is £125 per month

Alex and I are sharing this cost between us equally as he has a website that he wanted hosting as well. This means that as from December last year I am now paying £62 per month to run NMP.

I am currently off work sick and my employers only give me full pay until March this year and after that I am waiting to hear if I qualify for an insurance policy that will pay me 75% of my salary. I have no idea when I will be back at work as I am still waiting to see if I need an operation for the Crohn's. This could mean that money becomes limited for me like many of you out there.

I have never charged anything to join NMP or allowed any form of advertising or sponsorship and the site has run since 2001 purely from my pocket and from any donations and more recently from shop sales.

I appreciate that money is tight for everyone at the moment but if you can in any way help then please let me know.

You can donate by clicking on the "Donate" tab at the top of this page or you can purchase items from the NMP shop (click on "NMP shop" link on the left hand side or go to www.nomorepanic.co.uk/shop). I do not make a huge profit from the shop but do have some lovely items for sale on which I make a small profit but every little helps.

You do NOT need a Paypal account to donate or purchase items from the shop and I can also accept cheques etc. Even a book of postage stamps would help out.

Please do not feel that you have to donate to stay on NMP but if you would like to contribute then it would be much appreciated and I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance and a HUGE thanks to everyone that has donated in the past - it is much appreciated.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Smile Re: Donations and NMP shop purchases to help fund the site.

Dear Nic
    I am more than happy to help with cost's I will check my finances and see what I can do.NMP has been my life line for quite some time and I would be lost with out it.
    Yours
    Dawn

Re: Donations and NMP shop purchases to help fund the site.

Nic

I have just donated using the donation button, its not alot Nic but i hope it helps. I owe this site so much, thankyou for making this site possible for us to seek help and support in our battles against anxiety.

Hope things are improving for you too Nic and your on the mend hun .

Andrea
    xxxxx

Dear Nic

Firstly, you and Alex must not get yourself into debt to keep NMP going. It wouldnt be fair to you both.

Secondly, we obviously need to think of a way to help you, maybe a very small donation say monthly/annually off all active members. It could be a very small fee, but any little would help.

How many members are active at the moment Nic?

How about some other ideas????? Im sure that something will come about to help you.

Lastly, dont stress over this. We want you better.

Love Tracy x

Even though I hardly use the site now, I cannot begin to describe how it helped me through my dark days not so many years ago.

Nic and Alex - you do a great job here as well as financing most of it and I'm more than happy to throw a few coins in the fountain.

Take Care,

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/
    http://cornerhousewoking.org.uk/

http://www.pbase.com/clickaway

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hi Nic,

Thank you for all you do for us.

I am willing to send you something, But havent got a card. Can I post you a cheaque?

if so can you email me your addy or an addy to send it too.
    Thanks
    Nikk xx

I would be happy to pay a small annual fee I think so many people use the site so hopefully it would only be a small amount for everyone to pay and you have put so much work in its not fair if you have to keep paiying by yourself

I agree with bab, i am too willing to pay a fee annualy, let me know... hugs... nic you and alez are definatly stars.if it wasnt for this site i would be lost among so many others... XxX

Nic

If it wasnt for this site I would not be as strong as I am now!

I would me more than glad to help with any donations needed to this site.

Anything for those who have helped me.

Pamii

xx

Quote Originally Posted by clickaway View Post
    Even though I hardly use the site now, I cannot begin to describe how it helped me through my dark days not so many years ago.

Nic and Alex - you do a great job here as well as financing most of it and I'm more than happy to throw a few coins in the fountain.

Take Care,
    Yep I echo what Ray has said and will make donation via paypal.

Love Piglet

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information