Thread: NMP shop

NMP shop

Hi all.

A daft question but anyway..following Nic's post in the other section I'm having a look at the NMP shop.
    Do I need to create an account for the shop, separate from the one I have here on the forum?

Thanks

Re: NMP shop

You do need to create a new account on there please.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

And there was me wondering why my password wouldn't work...

Thanks Nic.

Smile Re: NMP shop

THE NMP SHOP

It may do a brilliant job but as far as helping Nic with website expenses does very little; far better that you just take advantage of the fact that most books can be bought from Amazon at negligable prices for which ppl like Nic are lucky to get a few pennies back from; of course if you do as I do and spend hundreds of poudns with Amazon - don't expect that Nic gets anything back from my custom or yours cos truth is Amazon only pay a pittance to those like Nic who have site link. Much better - if one can afford it - to make a donation to NMP nad not to forget that NMP being a charity you can add gift aid if you ask for it; this is relevant to any Tax payer - to coin a phrase from Tesco - 'every little helps' ??

Mystically yours - Stu in Nottingham
    Last edited by Mystical; 19-01-09 at 04:08. Reason: spelling errors

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    THE NMP SHOP

It may do a brilliant job but as far as helping Nic with website expenses does very little; far better that you just take advantage of the fact that most books can be bought from Amazon at negligable prices for which ppl like Nic are lucky to get a few pennies back from; of course if you do as I do and spend hundreds of poudns with Amazon - don't expect that Nic gets anything back from my custom or yours cos truth is Amazon only pay a pittance to those like Nic who have site link. Much better - if one can afford it - to make a donation to NMP nad not to forget that NMP being a charity you can add gift aid if you ask for it; this is relevant to any Tax payer - to coin a phrase from Tesco - 'every little helps' ??

Mystically yours - Stu in Nottingham
    Hi Stu

Just wanted to add something to your post if I may.
    I may be wrong (and I'm sure Nic or admin will correct me if I am) but I don't believe that NMP is a registered charity so gift aid would not be applicable in this case.
    I do take on board your comments re the NMP shop and Amazon but I do echo the sentiments that "every little helps", I believe that the shop does just that. It may not raise much revenue but I think it is a valuable part of this site and I'm very happy with the goods I've bought. (The little "Ted" is sitting on my computer desk as I type!).
    We have managed to raise enough money to help out this time and I'm sure that if Nic gives us an occasional reminder, we can do the same again.

Ladybird is right. NMP is funded by Nicola, Alex, member donations and the NMP shop.

Lisa
    x

Thread Information