Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caffeine! Tips for General anxiety, helped me a LOT

Re: Caffeine! Tips for General anxiety, helped me a LOT

I cant touch caffeine as it makes my anxiety really spiral even if I have 1 cup
    I have decaf tea. My sister who is on Prozac said that when she first went on them, she couldnt have enough coffee to drink. I have cravings for sweets since being on citalopram.

me too. I used to work in a coffee shop and only realized caffeine was really affecting me after I had a head rush from too much caffeine/sugar. I decided to stop drinking all caffeine and sodas and felt 10x better. plus i later stopped eating all fast food.
    i've been caffeine/soda/fast food free for about 6 years now , except for the occasional once or twice a year craving.

I might try a soda a a few times a year, take a few sips, and realize I can't take any more than that, but at least it takes the craving away.
    then if i try fast food, maybe once or twice a year, I feel awful, like a truck just ran over me. I guess my stomach really got used to not having to deal with greasy gross food. and it's all kind of a nice reminder that eating/drinking healthy is what it's all about.

I am new in this forum.I love all the post here keep sharing more and more info.

I think I used to drink maybe 8-10 cups of tea a day or 4 cups coffee plus lucozade which probably didn't help. My body over the years forced me to cut down to 2-3 cups of tea a day, when I stopped altogether I went through a 3 month period of constant anxiety which was weird. I'm back to one cup of tea a day now after a 5 month rest as even after all that time my motivation was like 0. I'm a lightweight now but i know not to overdo it and only drink tea moderatlely hehe!

Hi

I did give up coffee for 2 months and actually when I think of it my anxiety has been a pain of late and I'm back on the stuff... didn't really think it was making a huge difference, but maybe it really does so think at the weekend I will start to come off but then I do eat chocolate so maybe I'm over dosing I tend to drink a lot of coffee at home but at work I'm on water as I have to talk to people all day and end up with a dry throat... I'm probably up and down because of it.. I do drink at least 6 cups a day and have chocolate every single day .... so let me eat my choc on Easter and then I will start again..to see if there really is a difference x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information