Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: :: Self-Help For Anxiety ::

Re: :: Self-Help For Anxiety ::

This is such an excellent post & why I love 'No more panic' so much. I even told my GP about the site

Some really good helpful stuff that I will come back to again & again.

I really do think the key to beating anxiety is from support from others that suffer the same & most importantly understand.

Thank you again

Thanks Ragna its much appreciated,

i just want save people time and excess stress.

William Butler Yeats

MY STORY: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42149

I woke up today to find a thank you message in my inbox so here is my reply which is also an update of my condition since i wrote this thread:

"Means alot to me that my post helped you and its very nice to read your message also. Yes i was scared to leave my bedroom, take a bath and even eat my food at one point. This was about a year or so ago now so let me tell you what i CAN do now:

1. Bathe easily
    2. Go out walking around town for up to 4 hours (alone)
    3. Eat comfortably
    4. I work in a charity shop and have stretched myself from an hour a day to 6 hours a day
    5. I passed my driver theory in August
    6. Ive had 10 driving lessons
    7. My driving test is THIS friday (bit nervous lol)
    8. Im in the process of having HA talking therapy
    9. Im currently recieving bereavment therapy
    10. Im close to dating a girl i met on a website who lives locally.

Lastly: I quit smoking after 17 years

Now for the bad news, i do still have very bad days, i worked it out to be about 3/5 days a month. My energy level can drop in the middle of the day or can be extremely low from when i wake up. See im a constant thinker, so im worried maybe im pushing myself too hard, but the thing with that is, how would i know if i didnt push?

I have cut my Diazepam down from 6 x 5mg a day to half a tab a night, maybe 2 halves through the day, depending.

I do still see the GP for HA, maybe once every 2 weeks and i agree totally with your writing symptoms down and keeping them in a draw. for me i kept a daily diary and monitored myself all day, i also timed my panic attacks.

The only reason i did so well was self-belief and exhausting ALL possibilities, it was long and stressful but i simply demanded my life back.

Thanks again, you made my day,

Cons"

William Butler Yeats

MY STORY: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42149

thanks for sharing this with us cons.

Veronicax

Cons...just wanted to say thank you for this post! It is honestly the best one I have read and has really put me in a positive mood to get up and do something about this and not just give up

I am going to print it off now hehe!

Glad you have made so much progress..hopefully I will have the same luck with this

Thank you again,
    Candy xx

Brilliant post! I think this is one of the best pieces I have ever read about anxiety. I am going to print it out.
    Thank you so much for sharing this.
    I am glad that you are making so much improvement. Your post is really inspiring!

Well done mate.. Cracking post.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakers View Post
    Just two quick points :

"1. Excess Alcohol - Will make you less resistant to anxiety the following day."

That can also mean *any alcohol*. What's one persons meat is anothers poison. Any alcohol can make you less resistant to anxiety the following day(s) because of its chemical effect in the brain regarding vitamin B depletion amongst other unwanted side effets. A deficiency in one B vitamin can prevent the others working optimally or at all.

Oh - didn't spot chocolate on the diet list - combines both caffeine and sugar. No 4 on the list of stressor foods (Sugar / Caffeine / Alcohol / Chocolate). Its a misnomer held by most that its a comfort food. This is not the case with anxiety.

Krakers.
    Funnily enough I've only experienced full on hyperventilation when I've had a hangover.

Also most of my PA's have been directly after drinking a bottle of coke or cup of tea (I like it nuclear-strength ).. Better go buy sum decaff as I do like a hot drink... Would be funny if i still had attacks drinking that!!

Very informative post thanks

Excellent post. Thanks for taking the time and effort to do it. I'm sure it will help and reassure a lot of people x

thanks for that it made me feel better

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information