Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (for girls) Pain in one breast only

Red face (for girls) Pain in one breast only

Good Morning everyone! It wasn't a really nice awakening for me..
    I got an anxiety attack this morning.
    I've been having breasts pain the whole week but I thought it was probably because my period is due to come or because of my pill, but then a couple of days ago my right boob (the smaller one) stopped hurting while the left one kept on hurting a lot.
    Every morning I wake with pain and fear. It's not a big pain, but the though of having 'breast cancer' freak me out.
    I would like to ask to all of you if there is anyone with my same experience, maybe it's normal that sometimes only one breast hurt.
    Thank'you very much.
    (I'm only 23year old BTW)

To all of you!

Re: (for girls) Pain in one breast only

I had the same for a while in my left breast only (which is my smaller one ), I was worried but then I went to see a gynaecologist, who examined me and said that it was normal, and it probably had hormonal reasons. He also said that breast cancer doesn't usually hurt at all. Interestingly I had it for about a month afterwards and then it stopped.

Thank'you AMU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope mine is gonna stop too eventually! I never had breasts pain before but I heard that a lot of women have it but usually in both breasts! Thats why I was worried. I can now start my day Thanks for sharing your experience! Have a wonderful day.

Glad I could help

When Having Pa I Get Really Bad Breast Pain Yes The Left One The Doctor Told Me The Reason Why The Left Breast Is Sore Is Bc In The Process Of Having A Pa Your Body Goes Through A Phase Which Causes Spasms And The Reason Why It Is Your Left Breast Is Bc It Is Right Above Your Heart When You Have A Pa Your Heart Rate Increase Beating Really Fast A Spasms. It All Makes Since Why My Left Breast Is Sore And Is Bigger Than The Right One I Thought It Was Just Me Your Are Not Alone.

Thanks Dmckinney! Thank'you for sharing your experience, I feel much better now and relaxed
    Thank'you

HI

I went thro a period where I thought I had cancer in my left breast as I had more pain there than the right one.

I did not go to my GP, but looked at a 'well women' site on the internet which said it is very rare indeed for pain in a breast to indicate cancer. If the pain does not coincide with your 'M cycle' then it may be that you have harmless cysts which can cause pain. Anyway, I felt more relaxed after this......and surprise surprise I stopped noticing the pain and now there is none. The mind is a queer thing!!!

Take care
    Ali

Hi,...I am new here, but wanted to jump in on this one...I had left breast pain back in Oct. of 2008, and it was bad! Gosh, it came out of nowhere. I thought it would go with my period, but it didn't. I know I'm in perimenopause so I know a lot of my symptoms are due to hormonal whackiness, but, I also know, that breast cancer USUALLY doen'st have any pain associated with it! I know, I went through all this mental hell with that too! I take EVENING PRIMROSE OIL caps which really does help with the sore breat thing, and since I've been taking them, I haven't had any more breast pain! Now, if i can only get rid of this DETACHED feeling!!!..lol... I do hope you feel better soon!

Sincerely, moonlightlady

Hi all,

I also can relate to breast pain, but for me it is the right side, it was on the inside of the breast and I would always be touching it to see if there was any lump or if it just felt different than the other. I happen to mention it to my sister who in a RN (registerd nurse) not sure if that is what you guys from the UK call your nurses, but anyway she told me to STOP touching it, breast tissue is so tender and the more I was touching it the longer the pain would last, because I was brusing the tissue. She was right when I stop feeling for a lump it did go away. I do notice I will get the pain during that time of the month. Just another thing us women must put up with.

D

I've had pain in my left breast for about 3 months and it is slightly bigger than right one. I went to see doc on new years eve and she had a VERY good feel and said that it feels absolutely fine. She said to take ibuprofen 3 times a day for a week and the pain should go. It did for a little while but now comes and goes. I don't think its anything more serious than cysts or cycle related as breast cancer doesnt come and go. Also it could be an ill fitting bra.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information