Thread: is this a comon side effect

is this a comon side effect

hi,first time for me sorry if i go on a bit
    To cut a long story short had anxiety problems over 10 years have been on various medications. Last couple of years have been on cipramil and felt great, but last few months have started all over again feeling physically ill all the time,panic attacks, feeling i am seriously ill over every little thing. Doctor has doubled my dose from 20mg - 40mg nearly two weeks ago, i feel worse than ever, palpitations,sick and horrible strong head pains all over. Is this normal, how long will it last, going abroad in 4 weeks and anxious about flying and also feeling like this in a strange country can anyone reassure me i feel like my head is going mad

caz

Hi Caz and welcome aboard the site.

Sounds normal to me - well the side-effects with the increased dose does anyway.

Have you managed to get any other help like CBT?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

i had a bad experience on cipramil so probably not the best person to reassure you! did you have any symptoms when you first started the medication? sometimes when you start a drug the panic can be worse in the first couple of weeks while your body gets used to it, maybe as you've had the dose increased so much you're jsut going through a similar thing? I'd go and see your doctor if youre worried, or you could call NHS direct and ask their advice? Its probably just your body getting used to the new dose, im sure you'll be fine for your holiday!

hi caz, welcome.x. you sound just like the rest of us so dont worry lol. yeah i feel like you most of the time too. your not lone and this site will help you realise that.x.

dmcgovern

Welcome aboard Caz!! The way you are feeling is very normal as your dosage has just been increased. Give it a couple more weeks and no doubt you'll be fine

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Caz,

Do you know what triggered you feeling bad again whilst still on the 20mg.

Were you upset , worried , stressed, thoughtful etc ?

Some of the effects may well be new settling -on -med change symptoms and will pass..

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

well come to the site caz

leanne

Hi Caz, Sorry to hear that it's all happening for you at the moment. I'm also on cipramil and know it takes a few weeks to kick in now your dosage has been increased. Its perfectly normal to have all these symptoms, you will definatly not go mad or nothing bad will happen to you. Its just your hightened tension and worry doing this which and should calm down once the dosage kicks in. Rather than keep asking yourself why this has happened try to do some form of relaxation to help calm yourself down as i find this is good to do when i notice my anxiety creeping back again. Flying isnt the most enjoyable experiance for many of us but try to imagine once your on your holiday and this will give you the chance to really relax and it might be an idea to bring a relaxation cd or book or something that will help you relax with you on your holiday which may help you feel more comfortable once your away. I do this and find it a great help if im away as i also sometimes think that my anxiety could get worse. Usually on holiday the anxiety goes as youll be more preocuppied with enjoying and relaxing rather than worrying why or what if's. Take care and hope you have a great holiday and try to be positive as this is also a great help in recovery, good luck, Chrisx

Thread Information