Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion???????????????????

Re: Religion???????????????????

its great - i havent commented but i find it so interesting - keep posting please

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Primark View Post
    I think anything that we believe in that gives us comfort can only be a good thing.
    How strange that in times of extreme anxiety most of us ask for Gods help.
    yes perhaps,but i also invoke the name of god when i stubb my toe,when everton equalised on monday,and at the zenith of love making!!!!

Well, I was brought up a Catholic and became Agnostic from my late teens. I attended a funeral earlier this month in a Catholic church and was called back to the faith! I know, it sounds really corny and I would have cringed at this a month ago. I am still suffering as I was, yet can manage to attend Mass with an inexplainable calm - I know this is the right path for me and I intend to follow it.

Just thought I'd share

x

i was brought up catholic aswell ,and if theres a god where the bloody hell is he cos ive suffered enough now

I went to church today after many years absence (I used to attend regularly).

Guess what the text of the day was, and the sermon - 'the lost sheep and the prodigal son'!

If you look at religions in general, though, they all have the same basic tenets - be kind to others, don't kill, steal, etc.

I wouldn't try and impress my beliefs on others if they're not interested - everyone is entitled to believe or not believe as they wish.

As long as you try to be a good person, I guess that's what's important.

being a good person hasnt helped me one bit , im still going to have this crap illness regardless

I agree that religion isn't going to make you better and if people turn to religion in the hope of a miracle cure then it is false hope. I am personally having a rough time at the moment, but my experiences and how I have suffered have actually helped my sister come to terms with her own illness - which she has been in denial of for almost 30 years! Now it may seem extreme, but if my suffering has helped her in the long term, then I'm pleased! She is now getting the help she so needs and is beginning to put her life straight for the first time ever!

At the moment, I am finding my way with my renewed faith but am in no doubt that it will help me to accept or overcome this illness. I did not look to religion to solve my problems, it happened by accident.

I hope everyone finds something or someone to help them through this awful illness, as getting through it with no support is a massive task!

Those who dont have faith seem to automaticly dismiss God if God does not heal them. Yet there is a bigger picture here than just being healed of whatever we need healed from. Most cry out to God in times of need but ask them to read a bible or attend a church and the answer would be no.
    Now God is not just there for the Christians but there is a level of faith required before God acts. Not all the time but I would say on the most part God is asking us to trust in Him.

I have said many many times if a person wants to know God then spending time with Him is the only way.

Does God heal?
    My answer is yes
    But the bigger picture is, God does not just heal us from our pains he heals us from our sins and thats the most important thing. If we dont accept what God has said in the bible, how can we expect to be healed?

Ask yourself this question and be honest!

Do you want to know God?

If the answer is yes then pick up a bible and read it. Ask God in to your life and He will come. Will He heal you straight away? Will he heal you of all that you suffer from?

I believe He will give you contentment that you will never find anywhere else.

Faith is the key and in our darkest moments I believe that God hears our prayers
    The question then is, do you hear His voice and if so are you willing to respond

He isn't laughing Ozzy.
    God doesn't want anyone to suffer but the reason for all suffering isn't with God but with the world.
    God gave every man free will.
    That is, the will to choose, either His way or the world's way (the devil's way).

He gave Adam and Eve the perfect garden and they chose to disobey.
    He saved Lot and his family and his wife chose to look back at the city after being told not to.

What we choose is up to us but we can't all say why doesn't God fix it.
    Disobeying rules have consequences and now we are reaping what we have sown!

I won't go into my views on global warming cuz I'll start yet another debate. LOL

But the truth is, God created a perfect world and man (and woman) are the one's that messed it up, not God.
    xxx
    Sandy
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

i think faith probably got rammed down my neck when i was younger which is why im def not into it now , off course people turn to god if it helps them then good luck its just not for all of us is the point i was trying to get across

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information