Thread: Could not post using bulletpoints

Could not post using bulletpoints

Hi. Just tried posting a reply using bullet point formatting - displayed OK in the editor window - but PHP failed with a stack overflow if I tried to post it or preview it. Removed the bullet formatting - less readable - but posted ok.

Could be my - unusual - browser playing up but could be a php/server issue at your end. Thanks.

Re: Could not post using bulletpoints

• Testing
    • Seems to work ok
    Kev seems to work ok for me wonder if it something at your end.

Andrea
    xxxx

What browser are you using?

It is definitely ok for me too.

• a
    • b
    • c
    • d

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

At least it wasn't general. I started to wonder if your PHP needed a restart. Probably a browser incompatibility. Using Seamonkey (sucessor to Mozilla & Netscape). Most of the behavour is like Firefox. If it happens again I'll try a simpler test.

Thumbs down Re: Could not post using bulletpoints

Found this happened again. Just posted a big reply containing bullet points (blob or number) and it failed both times "php stack overflow". Rescued the post and manually added numbers instead and it was ok.

I get a few other oddities - could be its classed as an unusual browser (Seamonkey still) but its not that far off the mainstream. I often get glitches posting from brief reply - lost a few that way over the last couple of months - advanced is usually ok.

What I'll do is post a test reply to this post, thats big and contains a list and see if I can trigger it.

If the section below is formatted as a single blob list where "*" is then it fails with stack overflow. Paste this post into the Reply/Advanced box and press post/save changes. Happening here on an EDIT - but previously on post reply too.
    * For the syncope thought take a look at LINKY. There were several lines of text after this that I am putting back faked. There were several lines of text after this that I am putting back faked. There were several lines of text after this that I am putting back faked. There were several lines of text after this that I am putting back faked.
    Last edited by alias_kev; 19-05-09 at 01:34. Reason: trying to reproduce error

So its either the length of the list item, or the link or the combination of both. I think. Or it just hates me.

The other oditty get is on EDIT POST where the "quick edit" fails to display the format bar icons (as above) correctly. I get the "Alternate Text" like it cannot find the icons. But if I switch to advanced then its OK. Screen capture attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't really understand so will get Ross to have a look if he doesn't mind.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by alias_kev View Post
    So its either the length of the list item, or the link or the combination of both. I think. Or it just hates me.

The other oditty get is on EDIT POST where the "quick edit" fails to display the format bar icons (as above) correctly. I get the "Alternate Text" like it cannot find the icons. But if I switch to advanced then its OK. Screen capture attached
    Hi Kev. I too get these anomalies when using FireFox on *some* computers with various vBulletin Forums.

I haven't been able to work out why.

I am now accustomed to performing a 'Ctrl + A' then 'Ctrl + C' before I hit the reply button just in-case everything goes belly-up.

Sorry I cant be of any help.

Thread Information