Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopefully a new start

Hopefully a new start

I thought it was time for a new thread, so this is a continuation of the one here
    Thank you Andrea and Donna

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee3939 View Post
    I had this problem also with my hubbys laptop, he is on vodafone mobile. I had to change the connection settings and put in our password (which our ISP gave us)for our home Broadband. It works fine now with both vodafone and BT.

Thanks for that suggestion Andrea. I now seem to have got it working. The problem must've been having two broadband modems connected at the same time. Stargazer was using one of those free modems that internet providers give away, but because I have a wireless enabled laptop, I have a wireless internet router.

All the passwords seemed fine etc but someone said it is like trying to use two phones on the same line at the same time, which is why two broadband modems can't be connected to the phone line at the same time. I don't know - don't know much about networking etc. I just know it worked with my old internet.

Anyway, now we'll just have to take it in turns!

Donna - yes the joy of being woken in the middle of the night lol! Not good for someone with insomnia. Anyway, my new bed is hopefully being delivered today, so that should be a bit more comfortable at least.

When the cherubs wake up I put my walkman on and try to go back to sleep.

Been feeling extremely stressed and anxious for the past few weeks, and couldn't stop shaking these past few days. I think it's the worry about everything and also feeling a bit lost. It's really strange not actually having a home of my own but I am feeling more positive today, especially now I can get on the internet again!

I know I still have all the same problems but I am trying to make the most of this chance I have to be with my friend and her family for a while.

Karen xx

Re: Hopefully a new start

Awww Karen

How lovely to see your new thread. Im sending you lots and lots of postive vibes to help you along that new road where the light at the end of the tunnel is waiting for you!

I can imagine how stressfull the last few weeks must have been for you. Moving home is one of the most stressfull things we can do, so well done for coming out of it all with some positivilty !

I wish you all the luck in the world !

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

oh yes like andrea i am sending u positive vibes too, can u feel them yet lol. best of luck to u and great new thread hun for fresh start.

Thank you Andrea and Donna

Yes, stressful is not the word! My anxiety has been through the roof Don't think I've stopped shaking at in the past couple of weeks.

Other problems are still very difficult and my OCD issues have really been triggered by everything that's happened, but trying to settle in and adapt to a new routine which is always hard for me.

Karen xx

Wow darling

You have had so much going on recently that im not at all surprised thats its been stressful. What did you do with all your belongings? I know that you managed to sell your kitchen goods but often its all the other stuff thats hard to store. Stargazer is a wonderful friend isnt she. It must be so exciting for children to have you there. I take it you have your own room etc? How long are you planning on staying with stargazer?

I have been shopping today which is the first time in the sales but it was so cold and not much left. Im pleased that youre ok at the moment, remember a minute at a time not an hour or a day!

Glad youve managed to do a new thread too.

Lots of love Tracy x

Well done Tracy

I decluttered loads of stuff before I moved so I've managed to get it all in one room.

Don't know how long I will be here. Until I find somewhere else or get housed from the housing register.

I'm really easily knocked at the moment. I was feeling more positive earlier on when I posted this new thread but have been crying again this evening. I worry about things all the time and get easily affected by what's happening around me.

I am struggling a lot right now.

Karen xx

Hi Karen,
    I know how it is easy to feel so sensitive like one thing can just send you into a flood of tears.

Take it moment by moment (I mean that like second by second).

Some days I feel so positive and other days I feel down right crappy!

Sending A WHOLE BUNCH of hugs your way.

Smile. Duckie xx

Oh darling

you see im like that too sometimes. I can get myself so worked up and worried about things. When i get worried my anxiety levels are dreadful and i can think the worse case about everything.

Try and think that at the moment you are secure and safe at stargazers.

Is it a biggish place so you have your own space.

Love Tracy x

Try to enjoy your time with your friend, Karen. Take this time to relax ( I know, it's hard!) and just try to put your worries to one side for a while.

Sending you loads of You know where I am if you ever want to talk.

Love Kate xxx

Duckie - Thank you I am so sensitive. I never used to break down and cry until last year really. I used to suppress all my emotions but now I get so tearful at the slightest thing.

Yes, I do need to focus on getting through small parts of every day because my days are so long. I am always waiting to go to sleep.

Tracy - Thanks hun My anxiety has been sky high recently. I think my toothache is worse because I've been clenching my jaw.

Stargazer's is a relatively spacious house and I do have a double bedroom. Just had my new single bed delivered today. I sold my double bed as I need to get all my stuff in one room and with my mobility problems I need space around the furniture in which to move around safely.

My OCD issues also mean I am always decluttering my possessions. It's something I've done for the past couple of years and every time I move it's a chance to get rid of more stuff.

Kate - Thank you It's hard for me to put my worries aside because I am so used to having to do everything for myself (and not managing lol), so it is kind of strange to have other people around and it's obviously a bit strange for all of us so we're all trying to adapt at the moment.

I had a quiet cry by myself earlier and now I'm feeling calmer again. I can't wait to go to sleep though. I wish I could sleep for most of the day!

Karen xx

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information