Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CBT/The Obitz book/tea forms

CBT/The Obitz book/tea forms

These are the things we learned in my group at my university and they really are awesome if you use them. I highly recommend CBT and read the book Been there, Done that? Do This! by sam obitz and do the tea forms as often as you can they will keep your worries at bay and make you way more productive.

Thanks for the advice!!

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

I have just bought this book and read it but havent put it into practise yet. Looks like I had better get started

Thanks

Barb xx

thanks for info will have look into this

I just wanted to add that in addition to the tea forms in the book by Obitz which are very helpful, I find the putting things back into perspective exercise works well in concert with the tea forms and can help you discover deeper problematic thoughts to counter in a tea form.

i cant seem to find this book! ive looked on amazon.co.uk it used to be there im sure but now its not!

I bought my copy over the internet on the author's website's at www.tao3.com and they shipped it via first class mail. I'm in Hawaii but I think they said they ship everywhere.

Gosh I have since this book everywhere I go. I thought about picking it up but had never heard anyone on here talk about it.
    I'll be picking it up real soon.

Sandy
    (eeyorelover)

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I just wanted to add that in addition to the tea forms in the book by Obitz which are very helpful, I find the putting things back into perspective exercise works well in concert with the tea forms and can help you discover deeper problematic thoughts to counter in a tea form.

<div align="right">Originally posted by Crystal - 30 August 2005 : 08:59:52</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Hi Crystal,
    After finishing my group I tend to spend most of my time working on my tea forms but you are right that if you are feeling more anxious the putting things into perspective exercises will help you go a lot deeper. I feel like I'm in maintenance mode now but if I hit a rough stretch I will definitely focus more on the perspective exercise like we did in my group. Of course I'm hoping I never hit a rough stretch again and have to do that!

One cbt exercise I never really tried was the wrist counter one, but I fell into my old pattern of feeling like I was not being productive and have been using the wrist counter exercise for the first time since my group ended to click off the things I am getting done and it really makes you focus on the glass being half full instead of half empty and gives you a boost.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information