Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CBT/The Obitz book/tea forms

Hey SB I have not been around in awhile but I am still doing my Tea forms everyday and feeling great! I hope you are still doing great as well and it is encouraging to see that some of my posts are still alive after being away for several months.
    Aloha

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I just wanted to add that in addition to the tea forms in the book by Obitz which are very helpful, I find the putting things back into perspective exercise works well in concert with the tea forms and can help you discover deeper problematic thoughts to counter in a tea form.

<div align="right">Originally posted by Crystal - 30 August 2005 : 09:59:52</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Crystal, That's good advice and that exercise helped me a lot too. Life is good now and I'm just doing my tea forms a few times a week now and feeling awesome. Hope you are doing well also.

Hi jrank and thanks for posting this. I recently completed a cbt group and have not had any anxiety attacks in over three months. I was skeptical at first that cbt would be useful at all to me but I am doing better now than I thought possible just a few months ago. I realize I still have a lot of work to do on myself but I am doing my tea forms everyday and slowly they are begining to become more a part of the natural way I think and react to things. I have not been doing the putting things back into perspective exercise much since my group ended but maybe I will have to add that to my daily thought countering routine. Thanks again for sharing!

Re: CBT/The Obitz book/tea forms

axel you are everywhere on the cognitive training posts I have continued using the tea form exercise since my group ended and they help me keep my anxieties totally manageable now. I am a big proponent of cognitive training and the tea form.

I can't believe how much such a simple exercise can turn things around so well for me. I am still doing my tea forms daily but have a question for those more experienced with them than I am. How long do I need to continue doing them or will I get to a point where they are the only way I think and not need to do them anymore? Thanks in advance for your replies

I'd still appreciate an answer I am sticking with them, usually doing them in the mornings and it gets my days off to a good start and no complaints here. They are a part of my routine now but I'm still wondering if I am going to need to do them forever or will they be my natural way of thinking eventually? Thanks.

Hey everybody it's me Jrank but I had to change my name because they updated things and my old sign-on didn't work any longer on the newer site anymore. Great to see that so many have joined in and shared their successes here. I am doing great and I still use my TEA forms but not everyday anymore as my way of thinking and reacting is pretty automatic now
    Axel, keep up the good work and pretty soon your TEA forms will automatically be done in your head for you as your new default way of thinking.
    Crystal, SB and everyone drop me a note if you are still posting here because Iwould love to hear how all of you are doing these days?

Jrank I have just replied to several of your posts so I won't be repetitive here but thanks for all your encouragement and I'm not sure where Axel is because I have tried reaching him and he does not respond. If you hear from him please thank him for all his great old posts for me because they have been really helpful to me

Whats a tea form???

Kaz x

Hi Kazzie,
    The TEA form is the thought countering exercise in cbt that teaches you to change the way you process your thoughts, and when done properly will help you begin to eliminate most anxieties. I do them almost every day to manage my anxiety.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information