Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

I think we could all use a good laugh around here

http://failblog.org/2009/02/02/mugshot-fail/

If you haven't seen this blog it's great. Good stress relief.

take a look

www.failblog.org

Re: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

I only went to my doctor a week ago, and just before I went I was improving my symptoms I had were easing up - then a couple of days later it just got alot worse. I don't like asking about specific medications - I have to go back in 3 weeks and she'll probably up my dose or something. But I think she's confused cos I have OCD and she thinks Panic Disorder as well - she hates diagnosing specific mental health problems. I just find weird how real the symptoms are.

whats az ?

thats nicely put mate thats how people should think

Nutmeg,
    I know what you mean by taking a few steps forward and then come crashing back to earth with new symptoms or old ones coming back to haunt you. Kinda what I'm going through now. You have to stay positive and tell yourself " It's just anxiety stupid " ... Thats what my pysch told me and seems to work a little for me.. But youhave to really believe it or there just words. Just like they are just thoughts that has put you/us in this predicament to start with. i have some issues/symptoms now i'm trying to deal with. Hopefully deep relaxation stuff and exercise will help and prove to myself again what we all know deep down is ( and I won't say just ) anxiety.

I have found that medication does not work for my anxiety, even the doctor agreed, but I sometimes am finding it difficult to let go that I do not have a neurological condition. I like a lot of you feel that the doctor has missed something, even though the tests and scan was negative. It's difficult especially when your symptoms seem to always be there. My doctor say's that it has to be the undifferentiated somatoform disorder and I find this very hard to deal with. Some days are easier than others and when I am tired I find my body is worse.

Agent,

I agree with you that when I'm tired my stmptoms get worse or my thought patterns get worse which in turn lead to the worsening of symptoms.

Let me put out a question to you all.

With your percieved neurological condition, and the certain time frames surrounding the different conditions, does / will your anxiety over this problem lessen with time as your symptoms don't progressively get worse. Like they should if you had an actual diagnosed condition.

I don't think the symptoms have gotten worse particulary in the two years I have been worrying about M.S. I see the doctors very often and have a good relationship. I always have some degree of symptom that is there, but as I have Undifferentiated Somatoform Disorder and it is a life long condition, it is very difficult to treat and the condition is very linked to physiological symptoms. My anxiety has decreased for certain symptoms like I.B.S, but not for others.My symptoms have not progressively gotten worse, I percieve they have, but in fact and reality they have not and have remained the same over the last 2 yrs. I have been anxious for over 7 years. I have and had lots of symptoms which have worried me. I eventually went to have a clinical test and scan with neurology, which were remarkable for their normality and yet I cannot understand why I feel these symptoms, now I know doctors get it wrong but I have been too many times for the same symptoms for them to not take notice. For me my next course will be to accept that this is anxiety if I can and that is not what I am doing, for years I have not accepted this and I need to go in for some good counselling. Sorry for the long post.
    P.s Undifferentiated Somatoform Condition is linked in part to Hyponchondriasis and is a recognised mental condition. Refer to your G.P/clinician for information and to be diagnosed. There however are some very good sites where information can be gained.
    Last edited by agent orange; 21-03-09 at 10:56. Reason: added extra information

What a brilliant post that is dooges, definitely worth a read.
    xxx

Wow.. This is such a valuable thread... I wish I had found it a couple months ago... It describes me so close, I could have written it... A short search for my other posts on here, and as cinny8414 in my normal forum, http://bbs.stresscenter.com/eve would tell you that, you hit it right on the head.. In fact, so much so, that I am going to go ponder this a while..

God Bless

Hal

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information