Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to miss 2 doses for 2 days...what happens if i do this?

Re: Going to miss 2 doses for 2 days...what happens if i do this?

Everyone is different. I would have said the same tanya. I missed 3 days worth the other weekend and I did know about it, but it wasn't terrible!
    Yes we're meant to take them regularly but they're not out of your system that quick.

I have missed a couple of citalopram here and there with no noticable effects so would be inclined to say just make sure you get some on Monday and restart them as soon as you can. Having said that I did notice severe withdrawals fairly recently after foolishly quitting Mirtazapine for about 10 days, I wouldn't recommend just stopping them suddenly I was really ill.

I hope that you will be ok as Smiley said they do have a half life so are in your system for a little while.

Freaky

Freaky, can I ask.... are you still on Mirtazapine? That's what I am on, that's all!

Smiley,

Yes I am still on Mirtazapine I think it has been about 2yrs now. Most of the time I dont see the point in taking them because of the lingering depression which is why I tried to quit in October. They really do help me sleep though and give me an otherwise nonexistent appetite so there are some benefits. I think I would sacrifice those benefits though to take an antidepressant that makes me feel less depressed. How do you find them?

Freaky

hi pill-popper,
    was wondering how youve got on without your medcine or whether you managed to get more ?
    hope your ok ?
    tanya 1 x

Freaky,

The Mirtazapine seem to be helping me although have just been signed off work again (after going back too quick i think) as I felt so awful like as if i hadn't been taking them for a week, but i had! Doc has just increased the dose so am on 45mg now. Only 3 days into higher dose so early days yet. But I feel better not being at work at the mo. Feel quite tired again at the mo and sort of shaky - not visible but sort of internal shakiness?? I have had side effects like weight gain and swollen ankles but before this set back i was seeing an improvement mood wise.

I'm not a fan of medication in general and so wish I didn't have to take them but have had to accept that I do need them at the moment.

Smiley

Thank you all so much for the help & advice really appreciate it!

Awww Tanya please don't worry, i was actually glad to see a positive experience, i really appreciated your advice, made me feel less anxious, so thank you too

I felt slightly rotten yesterday evening, had a bit of a banging headache, but it wasn't that bad, today i'm feeling slightly better after taking an ibropufen, but put it this way, i cant wait until tommorow lol, hopefully i'll manage to get more medicine!

Thanks again guys! Take care!

hi pill-popper,
    im glad your ok
    tanya 1 x

Ive made the big mistake of stopping mine and i am starting to see the difference. I still have some but im off to see the doctor tomorrow and I felt they made me more anxious. Whilst I was in hospital i felt ok because i hadnt taken them, i was calm etc but now......OH MY GOOD GOD! I was discharged on Auguset 30th and havent had any since 27th Aug
    Its silly i know, but i became frightened that I would become more anxious and my OCD thoughts would go mental and NOW im not taking them they are. Catch 22!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information