Thread: propranolol

propranolol

ive been on propranolol for 2 weeks now and i just wondered if anybody else has taken it??
    i know its for my anxiety and what it does and all that kind of thing but really wanted to know if anybody else had felt worse when taking it?
    i currently take 3 a day 40mg and 2 10mg of amitripyline at night ive been on the amitripyline for 3 months now and was doing great untill my doctor had a brainwave and said that he would like me to also try propranolol and now i wished i hadnt bothered as it has made me worse,i feel the anxiety more although it dont ever turn into a full blown attack i certinaly feel edgey all day as before i took amitripyline to chill me out and the attacks had started to settle!
    im getting chest pains bad and feel very faint and lethargic i know im not to stop them suddenly but just wanted to know if i should try and stick them out a bit longer as i know some medication takes time to work properly or just to go see the doctor and ask him what the hell hes done to me?

Re: propranolol

Propranolol, as you know is a beta-blocker and unlike antidepressants doesn't take weeks to 'kick in'. Go back to your doctor and tell him/her how you are feeling on the Propranolol, maybe it's just not right for you. If you were doing OK on the Amitriptyline wonder why he/she put you on Propranolol anyway. These doctors do some odd things don't they? I was on Propranolol years ago, it did nothing for me at all - except give me nightmares. Good Luck.

Re: propranolol

hi there..
    i was on propanolol 80mg slow release and it did nothing for my anxiety except for my heart beats werent as fast (well i couldnt eel them as much) they kick in when you take them so ithink you can just come off them..im now on citalopram 10mg a day and i think the 10mg may be enough for me im startin to feel like my old self again..you seem to be on alot of diff med id go back to doc if i were you..good luck

Thread Information