Thread: Scared, worried about blood clots :(

Unhappy Scared, worried about blood clots :(

Can someone please talk to me, i am so scared.

Ive been feeling breathless for ages which the doc put me on a pulmicort (steriod) inhaler for. I am so confused because i dont know if i really do have asthma or if its pure anxiety.

I wake up breathless, have it on and off all day and often feel like my chest is all tight, tickly and irritated, which makes the breathlessness even worse. Mu mum really upset me the other day because she said she thinks the doc only gave me the inhaler because i didnt accept it was anxiety, but the doc has never actually said to me that it is anxiety. Do you think ill be on the inhaler forever? the doc said she would try it out to c if it helped any.

Anyway, like i said im v scred of blood clots because iv been feeling so breathless. My legs have been very achy for the last few days particularily my lower right leg. There are no other symtons other than the pain but i am just so worried.

Sorry for the long post. I really cant go on like this much longer. Its a living nightmare....

Re: Scared, worried about blood clots :(

You'd know about it if you had a blood clot, you leg would be swollen, red (or blue) and very tender - and hard.

I worry about blood clots alot myself, when I get breathless too.

It's hard to say whether your breathlessness is anxiety or asthma, the doctors know what they're doing. Does your gp know about your anxiety?

Yea she knows but the whole thing wit my anxiety is just being brought to light. I had it when i was younger but the fantastic doc that dealt with me is now retired. I was movin between different doctors cause i was embarrassed about my worries i was going over and over about, but i think im gonna stick to the same one now.

I explained how the breathlessness felt and how i know about over breathing and how calming my breathing down didnt really help, thats when she gave me the inhaler. I just dont know its getting to me how i cant realise if its me thats causing all these symptoms...

Anxiety can make you breathless, as you probably know. But I've never experienced my breath feeling itchy when I'm anxious. Otherwise, I'd have said it was most likely your anxiety making you breathless.

Everyone reacts differently to anxiety though so you never know. The waking up in your sleep bit sounds like anxiety, because I've experienced this, doctor said it was panic attacks in my sleep. :/

If you're concerned then go have a little talk with you GP and ask about your anxiety and the inhaler and everything and hopefully she'll be able to put your mind at ease. :] xx

Yea ive a follow up next monday so i hope it helps, i usually look forward to talkin to my doc cause she will talk me thru things and then ill feel better but it never seems to work that way... so noone thinks ita a blood clot then?? still worryin lol, but if there is no swelling then im ok?? xxx

No I don't, and didn't you say legs?
    Because realistically what are the chances you'd have a blood clot in both legs?

Honestly, you're fine [: Try not to worry. xx

(I know it's easier said than done)

Thread Information