Thread: Domestic Abuse

Domestic Abuse

In November I reported my partner to the police for hitting me and the case was meant to be over by 13th Jan, but has been postponed until April which has now added more pressure on my ever decreasing mental wellbeing. Some days as mad as it sounds i still miss him and feel i brought this depression on myself. Its really taking its toll on me. Cant sleep, cant each, obsessive thinking, fearing rejection constantly..Has anyone else been through this ? x

Re: Domestic Abuse

Hi

Yeah i have been through the same hun and i know how hard a time you must be having. I missed my partner for a long time too and was very tempted to drop the charges. I was lucky enough to have a brilliant police liason officer that helped me understand the law side of things. I didn't drop the charges and the case went ahead. To cut a long story short, 7 years on and i am glad i did what i did. I am happy, content and am not constantly worried about what may happen. I dread to think now what my life would have been like if i stayed with him.

I promise it does get better, you WILL get through it and you will look back and be glad you did what you did.

Good luck huni

Love Lisa
    xxx

Have you been contacted by victim support? As for the loser who hit you.Forget him.Last thing you want when you dont feel good is an aggresive person living with you.

Refuge
    Advice on dealing with domestic violence.
    Phone: 0808 2000 247

You may already have support but just thought i would add that information to your post incase yourself or anyone reading it may benefit from it.

Lisa
    x

Thanks for replying ! In Scotland we are unable to drop charges and i am only a witness so i cant stop it. The PF is charging him not me. I have spoke to all the right people. Its just taking sooo long and i feel it put so much of your life on hold x But thank you for all your words x

Thread Information