Thread: going out

going out

hi there
    im going out to a pub tonight for a meal and am petreified

so could you give me any helpful tips so i dont make a fool of my self!

Leanne - use rescue remedy and take it with you, listen to a relaxing CD before you go, try to think positively about it today before you go..

Good luck hun!!

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Hi Leanne,

Take the Rescue Remedy as Sarah says. Take deep breathes and keep telling yourself I can do this!

Hope you have a nice evening.

Take care,

Love PIPS X X

hey leo
    i usually have a back up plan whenever im going out, i usually dont use the back up plan but knowing its there makes me feel reassured. I always have cash on my for a taxi in case i need one, i'll tell my friends that i have to get an early night so may not stay late, always have my phone charged up in case i need to chat to someone things like that. and i ALWAYS have a bottle of water with me, only tap water, but i hate it when you panic and your mouth goes dry so i always have it with me, even in a pub! lol the last place you want to be when your having a panic attack is in the scrum of people waiting to get a drink at the bar!
    my friends laugh at me for taking it everywhere, its one of my little quirks, but the amount of time they ask for a drink...

Knowing that ive got strategies in place if the worst happens means that i can relax and enjoy myself, im usually fine, if im not i'll tell myself 'jsut another 20 minutes' and then when that 20 minutes is up i tell myself to wait for another 20 minutes. I usually find that by then ive forgotten all about panicking and am having fun.

Also sticking too a time limit relaxes you, because often i find that i get anxious about making the decision whether or not to leave because i feel i need to go but also feel that i should stay. When you tell yourself that you'll leave in 20 minutes if you still feel bad you've made the decision to leave so it relaxs you, but gives you the chance to stay, if that makes sense?!!
    i hope you have a great time, im sure you'll be fine
    Good luck!
    Alice

hi thanks all
    went and had to go out half way through meal am real angry at self that i hurt self and just really fed up because of it

Did you manage to enjoy the time that you were there Leanne?

Sorry that you had to leave.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

bits of it just wish never had to leave

Thread Information