Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cold after cold, grrr.

Cold after cold, grrr.

I am now full of cold, 2nd one in 6 weeks, normal?

I rarely get them but when I do I get sinusitis usually. GP today said it may well be just a cold but he wants me to take antibiotics as I have had bleeding from my right nostril and pain for 3 weeks now so there maybe infection there so another bout of sinusitis.

I feel all heavy headed and full of it. Why me? why do I have another cold? I have only just got over the last one after getting really bad sinusitis aswell last month. My children have had the snuffles recently but I assumed it was what I had already had but here I am snotty again

Re: Cold after cold, grrr.

I don't know about being normal but I know that it's a blasted nuisance!
    I had a severe chest infection in late November which nearly put me in hospital (I have pretty bad asthma) and it took over a month to get rid of it.
    Now I'm sitting wheezing and sneezing (I'm a poet! ), drinking Lemsip and dreading having to go to the doctor again..I just KNOW that they will want me to go to the hospital.
    So..the nebuliser is being put to good use, the nose is dripping like a tap and I am feeling more than a little peed off.
    i think there are a lot of people going through the same thing Libby, just thought I would join you in letting off steam!

Hope you feel better soon (sniff, sniff..)

Hi Libby

Sorry you are feeling all run down

I don't know anything about sinusitis, as I've never had it, but it sounds awful. You deserve lots of hugs!

I can relate to the "why me?" feeling, and feeling like it is one illness after another at the moment! I had a really nasty chest infection and it floored me right through christmas and new year, and then once that started to clear up, I ended up with a really nasty ear infection! And before I had these infections it felt like I was getting one cold and then as soon as I got over it, I got another one!

Lots and lots of hugs getting sent your way!

Hope you feel better soon,

Lou x

Quote Originally Posted by ladybird64 View Post
    So..the nebuliser is being put to good use, the nose is dripping like a tap and I am feeling more than a little peed off.
    Big hugs for you too, ladybird! Sounds horrible!

I hope you feel better soon,

Lou x

I can relate to "Why Me" I have just started my 3rd lot of antibiotics and 2nd lot of steroids for a chest infection since just after Christmas. I'm waiting for the result of a chest xray that i had last Thursday....i am bricking it!

The thing is i have suffered with asthma & chest infections on and off for a few years now but this time it's different, in the past i have felt really really poorly with the chest infections but this time i don't really feel ill???? I can't say i feel well but nowhere near 'ill'........and that is why i'm stressing and getting in a right state :( Why has my GP given me more antibiotics and steroids to take when i'm not as bad as i have been in the past? He told me Monday that my results of my x ray were not back and he'd let me know when they are.

I'm really scared :(

Hope you feel better real soon Libby xx
    Last edited by Trish; 21-01-09 at 01:09. Reason: added to post

Thanks for your replies, it seems im not alone in the world of snot and infections then.

Chest infections are nasty, I had bronchitis 2 summers ago and omg it knocked me out. You poor things having infections for so long, they really do wipe you out.

I hope you all feel better soon.

I kept getting sick time and time again, my son is 2 and brings home all sorts of lurgie from nursery, (I almost said college LOL) I asked my acupuncurist for a herbal suppliment and she recommended Glucasan+ now maybe it is all in the head but I take one a day 2 when I can feel something coming on, and I am fine.

I only had a bit of a cold in November but after that I can feel it starting take my Glucasan and it's gone. Or maybe they are a bunch of herbs packed in a plastic casing that has no relevence but to kick start my mind, which ever the case I swear by them. Think everybody is getting sick at the moment anyway, hate this time of year!

Get wells soon!

Hi Libby

I had three colds one after the other which meant I felt awful for about six or seven weeks. All of December including Christmas!! I think when you are run down from fighting off one cold your system is unable to fight off another virus as easily as it might. There are so many different strains of cold, about 200 I've heard, that you can just go on catching cold after cold if they are all different strains.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you both very much.

I just hate getting them because I always end up with sinusitis:-(

I shall give those herbs a go I think, thanks.

Hope you feel better soon Libby.
    This winter seems to have been one cold after another for me too.
    I've taken the usual lemsip/cough medicine/inhalation and now antibiotics, I eat healthy but it's still hanging in there.
    My genius of a doctor told me my immune system was low! Wow, six years at medical school to come to that conclusion. He didn't have any other suggestions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information