Thread: advice needed

advice needed

i would like some advice i dont post alot as my panic attacks are getting better but would like some advice on this problem,

i have 3 kids and on decmber i found out i was pregannt again was planned and we were overjoyed,

a few weeks in i had a bleed phoned the hospital who took me in for a scan everything looked fine went back the following week and things didnt look so good the baby had not formed the yolk had stopped growing.

so they said i had a missgagige and they offered me a d&c to take out the sac and yolk i refused as i hate hospitals so i took the other option and let it come away naturally,

this is where i need the advice i have never had a missgagage and i dont know whats going to happen to me,

the midwife pianted a horriable picture i would love if anyone has been though it just to give me so advice on what to expect,

i got told i had misscarided i should have been 6 weeks pregannt think it stopped growing around 5 weeks its strange, although i have no nauisa which i dont really get that bad i still have really sore boobs and still really tired is this normall?

i wanted it to come away quicky as i wanted to try again.

sorry about the long post and look forward to hearing some advice,

i am in no pain and no bleeding.

Re: advice needed

hi sorry you been through this i have also and i had wouldnt go into hospital either if you want to talk about it can always pm me as not something i wish to go into on the forum as might upset people but it does seem to be taking a long time to happen naturaly

take care

amandax

sorry for your loss. Given you were about 6 weeks it shouldn't be any worse than a really bad period but it can be quite upsetting. Your hormones will take a while to fall back to normal levels.
    Didn't they offer you any tablets to speed things along. I would highly recommend babycentre website which have a number of forums for women who have suffered with miscarriages. Feel free to PM if you need to.

I had a d&c because I was in the same situation, only I was almost 9 weeks along when they couldn't find a heartbeat anymore.

Please don't worry about the procedure. It is very simple and they give you something to relax you - they gave me valium and it actually knocked me out for about 5 minutes, long enough for them to do the procedure. The procedure itself can take anywhere from 2-10 minutes. I don't even remember anything! Afterwards, I felt so much better - my morning sickness (which was extremely bad) disappeared instantly. The post-procedure recovery was not too bad either. I had some moderate cramping, but by the next day I was doing much better. You can return to your normal activities 24 hours after the procedure.

Please don't worry about the d&c - it's a very low risk procedure. And I'm so sorry about your loss.

I forgot to answer the most important part of your post!

Although I have never had a drug-induced miscarriage, I have heard from a couple of people (including doctors and nurses), that it is NOT pleasant! They gave me that option as well, instead of the d&c, but I really didn't want to witness anything with my own eyes. I made the decision to let the professionals remove it - I didn't know if I could handle seeing everything, given the fact that I have anxiety. I was also told that in some cases, the drug induced misscarriage doesn't always work and a d&c is still needed. So rather than put myself through 2 horrible memories, I decided to only have to go through it once. That's just my personal preference - you may feel differently. But any way you look at it, you need to have some kind of medical intervention to remove the pregnancy, either using drugs or by d&c.

If you need to talk, feel free to pm me at any time. I hope this helped you....at least a little bit!!

Thread Information