Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emetophobia

Re: Emetophobia

hiya

well now i know what the term for what i have is called i feel better i have it that bad that i go to the docs and get anti sickness tablets just so im not sick i have always been worried about being sick but now all my kids are in school they pick up bugs so easy that if 1 of them are sick i spend days not eating incase i pick it up or i pop a anti sickness pill i really thought i was going out my mind but being able to talk about it helps my partner doesnt understand so its like talkin to a brick wall lol

Hi,

I'm also a mother and an emetophobe. I haven't told my partner about my problem either and I'm scared. Any suggestions?

Yarnee

Quote Originally Posted by andie73 View Post
    HI

I have emetophobia, I have had it about twenty years. I also suck mints to stop myself feeling sick. However I wouldn't not eat so that my stomach was emtpy as this can make you feel sick and dizzy. It will also make you very shakey and weak. You need to eat, food will NOT make you sick. If you were ill, for instance with a bug, you would be sick whether you had eaten or not, so please don't deny yourself food thinking it will stop you being sick.

It is an extremely common phobia and one I wish I just didn't have. I am going to hypnotherapy on Friday as I am now pregnant and terrified of being sick. However I do remember the times I have been sick ( I can remember them all) and it wasn't really that bad. You just kind of cope, it's over fery quickly and you usually feel much better afterwards. Can't believe I just wrote that!!!!

You will make lots of friends on here many of whom have the same phobia.
    Hi
    I'm new on here & was just reading your bit about being pregnant I would love to be pregnant (now 33 years old) but I'm really scared about sickness in me & the baby when they get older & catch things from school any tips or advise as I feel I'm not getting any younger & tend to put a lot of pressure on myself that I will soon have to make that big decision some time

i have had this for many years and i have 3 kids i was never sick once with any of them i felt it very bad but i got on ginger tablets and took anything herbal that i could yes they get bugs and are even sick but the love for the child takes over and trust me im so bad for being scared to death but when my kids are ill even if i am scared im there for them holding the bowl and thats just coz i love i feel for them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information