Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: newbe and advice needed!

Re: newbe and advice needed!

Iv realised its ok to admit that im not coping. although people always say they think im stronger than i realise. and maybe i am but sometimes i put on a front and people dont really realise how i feel.

I didnt get that job i went for, found out on tuesday and had a complete meltdown. just wanted to crawl into bed and never wake up again. couldnt stop crying and had to clam down as im doing a temp job.

Neway i took my first one today! (friday) iv finally built up the courage to. which sounds a little silly but the side effects have put me off but then i cant keep feeling the way i do nehow.....wil see what happens and how things go. So far i dont feel too bad, a teeny tiny little bit feeling not quite all there, but i can still concentrate etc. had a little bit of a stomach ache earlier too but not sure what that was down too! luckily iv no plans this weekend so that helps too.

ninjabadger- i say go enjoy your hols and hopefull u can relax and while your out there and away from home you might be able to think more clearly of an action plan to help you find a new job. also apprently alcohol and citolpram dont mix very well wouldnt be good to take them on hols if you gonna be drinking too. Hope you have a good time!! wish i was going on hols!
    also after speaking to a pharamicist at boots she said to me that 10mg is a really small dose so there prob wouldnt be as major side effects than if was on a higher dose.

im managing to cope ok in last two days though i feel that i could easily go backwards again and have another panic attack like i did on tues. luckily iv had my byf round every night since tues and i think not being on my own and having that company there has made me hold it together just!

Laws x

Hello there well i think only you know how bad you are feeling and how low you are i think depression doesnt go away in my case i thought i could shake it off and i just got increasinly worse until i had to see my gp who put me on the citalopram 20mg because when i first took them id hardly been eating i lost a stone before seeing my gp the tablets made me very sick indeed within two hours i was on my knees then i slept it off and refused to take it again - i went back to gp who started me on 10mg i was okay with these a bit spaced out nauseas but i coped then after xmas depression got hold of me again grrr i was walking around morrisons crying not good! went up to the 20mg and havent looked back i havent cried for 6 weeks GOOD thats a bloody record!!am laughing again no more panics i even got on a bus full of chavs yesterday and am planning too fly too spain in the summer i wouldnt give up my little friend i am much improved 100%though at first it was a nightmare hope that helps xx

if you read any side effects from any leaflets it always scares the hell out of you, but if you have got a headache you take a tablet to feel better, citalopram is no different.
    everyody is different and unless you try you wont know (well thats what made my mind up anyway)
    my personal experience on it was i felt just slightly nausea for three days, dry mouth and a bit floaty, after that i felt fine, just takes the edge off the way i was feeling. i hope you decide what is right for you, and goodluck.x

Smile Re: newbe and advice needed!

i suppose i never thought bout it like that....coz im not against taking pills for headaches and colds etc. I mean i know antidpressants are bit more serious than that and i hope i dont need them for a long time.

Im on day 2 now of taking them....havent noticed any major side effects part from feeling a little sick and iv been clamping my teeth together today quite hard which i never used to do before. and i didnt sleep very well last night but had a really strange dream thinking bout it. weirder than the ones i normally have!! lol. havent felt more anxeity or panicy from them and kinda hoping i dont.
    Really dont think it helps at the mo that im also suffering with a cold and so popping sudafeds at the same time!

my mum said to me did i really need to take them....and it made me feel like i maybe i shouldnt but then kinda feeling like i cant carry on with how iv been feeling lately, well actually for over month iv felt s**t. dont want to end up relying on the citalopram though to get me through everything. hoping i will only be on these for a couple of months. is that possible though?or do you have to stay on them for a certain number of months??

xx

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information