Thread: I'm Never Happy:(

I'm Never Happy:(

This past month or so has been horrible, i've had many symptoms, dizzy, pain, low blood pressure, palps, etc. So a couple weeks ago i was worried about Low blood pressure, i just took my bp and its higher than it had been so now i'm worried about that. It was 108/64 and now its 128/75!!!!! What in the world is going on! Terrified is putting it mildly for the way i'm feeling I have so many symptoms surely no one can live this way

Re: I'm Never Happy:(

When your experiencing different symptms it can make you feel that you body cant take this for much longer....
    Your thread title is 'Your never happy' whats making you feel this way and are you getting support etc?

Normal/"Ideal" blood pressure is 120/80. Which is basically what your BP is. I'm sure you're fine. Blood pressure tends to increase with stress/anxiety, so that's likely the cause for the increase you're seeing.

Hi panic, I know what your going through, i get the same things, I feel awful all the time ! I havent spoke to anyone about it which makes it worse. Your bp is fine by the way, it within normal. sorry i couldnt help. Just keep smiling and laughing even when your down xx

Hi panicagain, I can almost guarantee you that if you take your BP again right now, you will have a different reading. The reason for this is that these home BP kits are not reliable, and an enemy to anyone who has anxiety. I would strongly recommend you to throw it out, or to give it to a friend. Think about it for a second, since you bought this machine, exactly how much good has it done? How much better has it made you feel? I suspect it has had the opposite affect, and is contributing to your anxiety.

Humour me for a moment. Go and take your BP 3 times in a row, and let us know what the results are. I will be stunned if they all match up.

House.

Yeah, a doctor once told me that no BP "machine" really is 100% accurate. Not even the ones they use at your GP/Hospital. Basically, the only way to get an "idea" of what your BP is, is to take it over X period of time and kind of average the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic1975 View Post
    When your experiencing different symptms it can make you feel that you body cant take this for much longer....
    Your thread title is 'Your never happy' whats making you feel this way and are you getting support etc?
    what i mean by never happy is even when things seem to be going ok or even good i hafta come up with something negative:(

Quote Originally Posted by lorrifarko View Post
    Hi panic, I know what your going through, i get the same things, I feel awful all the time ! I havent spoke to anyone about it which makes it worse. Your bp is fine by the way, it within normal. sorry i couldnt help. Just keep smiling and laughing even when your down xx

Quote Originally Posted by House fan View Post
    Hi panicagain, I can almost guarantee you that if you take your BP again right now, you will have a different reading. The reason for this is that these home BP kits are not reliable, and an enemy to anyone who has anxiety. I would strongly recommend you to throw it out, or to give it to a friend. Think about it for a second, since you bought this machine, exactly how much good has it done? How much better has it made you feel? I suspect it has had the opposite affect, and is contributing to your anxiety.

Humour me for a moment. Go and take your BP 3 times in a row, and let us know what the results are. I will be stunned if they all match up.

House.
    your right,,,the numbers were totally different every time

Quote Originally Posted by Caldo View Post
    Yeah, a doctor once told me that no BP "machine" really is 100% accurate. Not even the ones they use at your GP/Hospital. Basically, the only way to get an "idea" of what your BP is, is to take it over X period of time and kind of average the results.
    Hubby wants me to get rid of it,,,i probably should

Quote Originally Posted by panicagain View Post
    This past month or so has been horrible, i've had many symptoms, dizzy, pain, low blood pressure, palps, etc. So a couple weeks ago i was worried about Low blood pressure, i just took my bp and its higher than it had been so now i'm worried about that. It was 108/64 and now its 128/75!!!!! What in the world is going on! Terrified is putting it mildly for the way i'm feeling I have so many symptoms surely no one can live this way
    My daughter (24) suffers from OCD, agoraphobia, social paranoia, insomnia and has panic attacks and use to cut herself. She has only left the house twice in two years but that goodness she has my sense of humour.

She is a very witty person and between us we get quite a jovial banter going. Fortunately she doesn't have HA and is very rarely miserable (as long as she doesn't go out of her security area)

Regarding your blood pressure, I wish mine was as good as yours (I am a trained nurse) so please stop worrying about it. Every hour/day/week/month/year it will read different so put your mind at rest and forget about it.

And by the way unless you know about blood pressure or have been told to keep an eye on it by the doctor stop taking it.

Trixie is right: as far as blood pressure is concerned, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. HA is a form of obsession (in my opinion) so perhaps try to switch your focus elsewhere. As others have suggested, perhaps you need to look at why you feel unhappy and get obsessive about your health. In my own experience and from what I've seen on this site, HA is usually a symptom of stress, anxiety and/or depression that stems from other factors in the sufferers life. Have you ever thought about therapy or counselling? For me, coming out of a long period of emotional distress and anxiety has meant that my HA is starting to abate. Thank goodness .

my life was controlled by a bp machine and it was the worst not the best time of my life - used to carry it everywhere with me!
    like everyone has been saying your bp is text book near perfect.
    i lived my life just like you but now, just laugh about it...knowing what is "wrong" is the greatest power you can have and for me was the first step in the road to recovery
    thank you for sharing...hope you feel better and remember its OK to have unhappy days, makes the good days even better. good luck

Thread Information