Thread: Me and my ectopics - again!

Me and my ectopics - again!

Hi all. I've posted on here a few times and have had some really helpful and reassuring replies. I have had a great 2 weeks with no palps at all and I actually was beginning to feel normal and happy again. However, my anxiety obviously saw this and thought it was about time to put in an appearance! Every night for the past 10 days, during and after my evening meal my heart starts to miss beats. It can last from half an hour up to about four hours and it scares the hell out of me. It happens if I have some wine and it happens if I don't so that can't be the cause. My period is due anyday and I know my hormones are probably up in the air, I just want someone to tell me that this is the case. My GP thinks I am peri-menopausal and has just told me to keep any eye on it. I just think my heart is going to stop and that will be that! Why isn't there a miracle cure for anxiety? I don't get these palps during the day but I just sit and think about them all the time and this upsets me and I seem to spend all the time crying. What a mess. Thanks for all the support. Jodie xx

Re: Me and my ectopics - again!

Quote Originally Posted by JodieT View Post
    However, my anxiety obviously saw this and thought it was about time to put in an appearance!
    That thought process reminds me of the way I think! Just when you think you've had a spell without them - they crop up again!

Sorry to hear these are bothering you so much - I'm new on here and just posted my first descriptions of my symptoms. Just thought I'd put this note in because I know what you're saying about trying to work out the causes.

I get the missed beats at the same time each day - in the same way you do. But you get them in the evening around meal time. I get them in the morning before work. I reckon it's because where you get the ectopic beat the first time after a long spell without them - you panic. And each time that scenario comes around again, your mind clocks it, you start thinking about it, and the beats start again.

Try and break the routine. Eat dinner in a different room, or try some other way to mix things up. For me it's the weekend - so I'm hoping having two days away from work will break my routine. And if I can have 2 days without the beats, it may make things better come Monday.

Don't know if that helps, but I hope yours improve...

have you ever had a fluttery feeling at the bottom of your chest/top of your stomach which i relate to my heart but my pulse is constant and steady. it is a very strange feeling.

Hi Jodie. Sounds very similar to mine I hadnt had them very regulary until a couple of weeks ago and then Wham! am getting them every bloomin day. They are horrid and scary. Like you my GP thinks im peri so my heart flutters alot more before my periods due I think this is quite common. Mine is quite settled during the day but when I sit down at the end of the day, thats when they start. They drive us all bonkers dont they? Easier said than done I know but try to ignore them Ive had mine for 16 years now :0) I sing when mine happen, I might sound like a strangled cat but I feel better lol
    Take care Matti x

Thread Information