Thread: Skipped beats during pregnancy

Skipped beats during pregnancy

Has any one experienced these during pregnancy? i dont remember it with my first but had anxiety during pregnancy with my 1st and long history of panic etc but was fine during labour aNd birth

Im pregnant with 2nd and have 4 weeks to go, im terrified i have heart prob as i have been getting the missed beats, had 3 in a row other nite with my breath took away! terrified me! since that i have had one last few nites, apart frojm last nite! yay!

Had them first few weeks of preg and doctor said its just extra blood being pumped about, they have returned again this last few weeks, im 36 weeks preg, keep getting worked up of my heart going funny during labour or after xx
    any one else had these and given birth and all ok?x

Re: Skipped beats during pregnancy

Hiya April,
    I have had these in late pregnancy with all my three, the nurses at the hospital had no worries about them at all and didnt do any tests what so ever, they put them down to all my organs being pushed up by the baby. Perfectly normal aparently.

Hope this helps a little, take care and just try and stop worrying about them, labour is tough enough eh !!!!! all the best with the new one x

Hiya!!! awww thanks hun thats so reassuring! just what i meeded, i do feel all squished up, thanks loads xx

Hi!

I developed ectopics during my last pregnancy. But I did not have ANY during labor.

They never did go away though...getting worse with PMS and anxiety etc. I am now pregnant again (due any day now!) and have had a ton of them. One day I measured over 2,000 on the holter monitor. Yes in one day. I get runs and runs of them. None of the dr's or my midwife were concerned. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried a bit about having runs of them during labor. But I was fine last time, and I just need to focus on that. I know they are scary, especially while pregnant!

But anyway, I have survived two pregnancies with them. You'll be fine.

Thanks both for your replys, just what i need to hear, i did have these couple of yrs ago when stressed and doctor said i had murmur then next day said no u havent, he heard wrong, this triggered them and i got them before period too, suppose cos its been 5 yrs since had my 1st im thinking what if i got prob with heart!
    I just had one not long ago, thought i was calm, and feeling better, been using rescue remedy even more, i was trying to talk to partner shouting over my son interupting me,maybe i got bit stressed trying to be heard which triggered it, it took me for few mins, it missed beat then heart raced a bit for 5 mins after and ok now, so scary arent they xx

my heart was bad during my preg even induced cause of it

my labour was fine, no drugs AND it was super quick, even then no SVT's or anything

try not to worry

Hi April,

I didn't have them in my pregnancy with my daughter but im sure labour etc pressure on my heart was the start of them!
    I would love to have another baby but im terrified too that iv got a heart problem and pregnancy/labour would be too much. If you've been checked im sure your fine.

Congratulations and let us know how it goes! Good luck xxxxx`

Thread Information