Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i need you help please

i need you help please

hello my friends here i am again been a little while but cant cope at the min feel i need you guys to help me.....

I am almost certain i get my sentances mixed eg (the blue is house ) instead of (the house is blue) today my mum picked me up on something i said wrong i asked my mum how often i do and she said not all the time maby once a day or sometimes not at all , the scariest thing is i dont even know i am doing it and if no one pointed it out to me i wouldnt be aware of this problem.

i really want to know how often i do this and what sort of stupid things i am saying and if other people see this as a problem the thing is if i ask people an they have noticed which they probably will have the answer is going to fill me will panic and anxiety and i will constantly worry i am getting mixed up.

could i be over exagerating this in my mind whats wrong with me i am scared ?

Re: i need you help please

I often get my words and sentences mixed up when I speak. I also use the wrong words inconversations and it can be very embarrassing at times. I used to be very hard on myself about these things, but now I just accepted that I get my words and sentences wrong at times. The more you worry about it the worse it becomes.

Keith

Hi there,

Try not to be so hard on yourself, I do this all the time, when I do it and catch myself I just say I have dyslexia of the mouth and I laugh. There is nothing wrong with you sometimes we speak faster than our brain.

D

I think you should take this as nice quirky little thing you do..... People wont think anything of you for getting your words mixed up, they will probably just have a laugh at it.... Its not something they willbe laughing at you about, more something that is just funny
    I wouldnt worry I think it nice you get your words mixed up

Hi there,

Everybody gets their words mixed up occasionally, it's really nothing to worry about. Nobody's going to laugh at you for it, some might even find it "cute".

If you're really worried as to why it happens, then for your peace of mind it might be worth doing some research into dyslexia. I know very little about dyslexia so I can't be sure, but I think muddled-up words may be one of the symptoms. Even if it turns out you are dyslexic, it's still not a great deal to worry about.

Take care.

I had a bad anxiety episode just before Christmas..left me exhausted and in a bit of a 'daze'. Since then I have been mixing words up quite often. Mostly,I notice it when I am doing or thinking of other things. Been trying to slow down and to concentrate on what I am saying ie being in the present more. It will pass so please don't worry, many of us have this ...I find worrying and counting and analysing makes it worse 'cos you dwell on it every time something wrong slips out. Please just see it as a phase that will pass.

I really don't think that you have anything to worry about. I know for one that I have been guilty of this many times in the past, usually when my mind is preoccupied.

Please don't make an issue of this as you will only make the situation worse, try to relax and I'm sure it will very quickly pass.

I am dyslexic and although I used to get words jumled up and forget the names of common things when I was very young, I grew out of that by the time I was in the 3rd grade, so don't think your mixing up words has anything to do with that and beside you would have been dignosed at school

take care xxx

HI IF I COULD HAVE A POUND FOR EVERY GAFF IVE MADE, ID BE ABLE TO RETIRE IN THE SUN SOMEWHERE BY NOW.I USUALLY LAUGH IT OFF BY SAYING ""OH SORRY!YOULL HAVE TO EXCUSE ME !IM HAVING A SENIOR MOMENT)PEOPLE USUALLY LAUGH!! HAVING TOO MUCH ON YOUR MIND MAKES YOU LIKE THIS !AND BEING STRESSED OUT!... SO PLEASE DONT WORRY.LUV SUZY

you guys really help me thanks a bunch x

people i need u to help me i am beating my self up again big time , today at work i asked a collegue a question an she said ive just told u twice, i wonder why did i ask her again i must have heard her the first two times am i stupid how will i know if i am always doing this and making a fool of myself i just want to curl up and die tonight not happy bunny :-(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information