Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've done so much !

Hiya Liz,

Cheers!!!! I am sooo very happy for you, You have done soooo well so quickly. Keep at it and take one step at a time. There is no rush in recovering. You are exactly right there is no shame in taking medication to help take control of your life. The only shame is not trying to find something that works for us, to help us get a hold on this disorder. Together we will all beat this thing I know we will!!!

Love to you Liz, Steve and your family

Diana xxx

Dear Liz and Steve

So very well done to you both.

Liz you are one brave lady, you have come so far in such a short space of time, and Steve you are such a star for being so supportive and caring (even if sometimes you maybe didn't understand). Alot of us are a bit jealous - think they broke the mould when they made him!

Liz I really hope you have a fantastic Xmas. Please remember to keep taking little steps though, and remember it's ok to have a wibble - nobody zooms up to getting better straight away. Lucky posted a One Step Forward, One Step Back post the other day, and it does seem that even those of us who are "sorted" are having a bit of a wibble over Xmas! So keep everything in perspective, and keep moving on as you are doing, you are coping so well, we are all very proud of you.

Keep a diary, and you can keep looking back at how much you have achieved. You are such a star for fighting back so well.

You have mastered the first step - admitting you have a problem, and accepting that panic is a part of you. As you have discovered, once you have admitted this you can find your own ways of dealing with it (and you have). People who haven't suffered don't understand just how hard it can be to just do simple things like wash the dishes!

I hope you have a fantastic Xmas break, and are now looking forward to next year!

Best of luck

Love

Charlie

Hiya Liz,
    I am a new member so I don't think we've met yet but you sound like a real tough cookie!! I just wanted to say a huge WELL DONE for all your achievements in such a short space of time, you are an inspiration! One step at a time is the best strategy, each hurdle at a time and you are gaining control. You've obviously got a supportive family who love you very much, use them as your lifeline when they make you feel safer.
    Hope you and your family have a great Christmas and you'll continue your fantastic progress well into the New Year!

much luv,
    prettyface110

HI All,

Congratulations Liz! It is so great to read all the success stories on this site. Like yourself, I too have made great strides in overcoming this disorder and I can now SEE the light at the end of the tunnel!

Happy Happy Holidays to all!

Never Give Up Hope!!!

Hugs, Susan

liz,

you really have come on leaps,and bounds,since steve first posted,keep it up,little steps.

happy xmas to you ,and your family...bryan.

Hi All,

I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!! It has been so great meeting you all, and sharing all of our experiences, and working toward overcoming this disorder together. Thank you all for your support, and grand advice, even while dealing with my teenage daughter. You all have been a blessing in my life. When I count my blessings now, everyone of you will be included!!!!!

Take care all,

Love Diana xoxoxo

Hi Diana

Happy Christmas to you too - let's hope it is a good one

Thanks for all the posts on here - much appreciated.

Nicola

Diana, I hope your daughter is feeling better, and looking forward to Christmas.
    I've now done a huge list of 21 things I can do, 22 things I need to practice and another 25 things I would like to do.

It was only when I looked at the list I realised just how well I had done.

I have even been brave enough to visit Asda and Toys R Us in the christmas rush, had my hair cut and stayed in the bath for 30 minutes on my own. Admittedly I did come out of all 5 experiences shaking a little bit, but still it is better than a full scale panic.

I even donated 12 tins of cat food to a local cats home, so they benefited from my bravery too!

WOW!!!!! Liz,

You have done soooo very well. It seems that the new year is going to be only the beginning of new things to come for you. Keep up the "GREAT" work, I know it is hard believe me. You can only do better now, even if you have a little fall back, don`t beat yourself up over it. We all have our little fall backs, but we all just gotta hop back on that path and keep on moving ahead, and yea we are gonna feel a little shaky after achieving something we have been so afraid to do up until that point, but nothing hard to do is ever easy. We all are cheering for you dear, and we all know with the support of your lovely husband and children you can do anything. Keep on keepin on Liz, we all will beat this disorder together, I know we will. Thanks for asking about my daughter. She is doing considerably better, I think the whole idea of turning 18 was overwhelming for her. I think she thought something wild and exciting was gonna happen or some magnificent change was going to bestow her. However after actually turning 18 and discovering the next day was pretty much the same as the day before she turned 18, was a bit devastating for her, but also a "REALITY" check for her, I HOPE!!!!!! So far so good. I`ll keep my fingers crossed though. I really appreciate everyone on her listening to my ongoing sad luck story about all of this mess with her, but all of your posts have been quite reassuring at my lowest of times dealing with all of this. Thanks to everyone!!!!! I do think she is feeling a bit better, and "I KNOW" she is looking forward to Christmas. So hopefully the new year holds something new and positive for all of us. Take care all.

Happy Holidays

Love,

Diana xoxoxo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information