Thread: a bad week end

a bad week end

hi everyine i had a really bad week end , more like a breakdown if u dont; mind using this example. i had 2 panic attack , my anxiety/stress is making physically sick i and i can't stop crying and feeling useless / empty.

this morning i feel so exhausted i haven't slept properly in month.

i have seen a locum dotor last night as apparently they are worried for me. i was told that i need to have an assessment within 24 hours. my gp told me that i am severly depressed and severe anxiety. she didn't want to admit me in hospital as i had my other half to look for me and that i see my doc today. should i be scare at that ? what kind of assessment is it ?

i amtking the day off sick shoudl i tell my employer that i am depressed and anxiouc ? i work as a care worker and my gp said i am in no state to look after people.

Re: a bad week end

Dear Bumbazz - so sorry you are suffering - like you I have spent the weekend have panic attacks and I struggle to stay at work, although I know for me work is the best sense of normality and at home I would feel worse.

You need to do what you feel and seeing a doctor will hopefully start some help for you. As I am aware, the assessment will probably involve taking down your medical history and for you to explain how you feel etc. The doctor may discuss medication options for you also. I hope all goes well for you - keep in touch

Re: a bad week end

thanks KC my gp prescribe me some banzodiazepine diazepam to calm me down and soem fluoxetine. i had to go back in 2 weeks to see how i get on. for the moment i am off for 2 weeks . my gp was very understanding and say that i need some counselling alongside medication. she although interested in my mood swings.

i had an assessment whre they tol dme i socred quite high and aparently i am severly depressed and have an anxiety/panic disorder with it.

I told my boss that i had a breakdown over the week end , they were very understanding which was kind of relief as i do not wnat to loose my job .

fianlly the panic attack has come down but i am very agitated my mind is racing i just cannot focus. i just feel empty and completly detached from what happened this week end really weird feeling. it siliek me without being me .

Thread Information