13 6.28%
  • I've experienced it before but not recently

21 10.14%
  • Never experienced it

1 0.48%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety: Depersonalization and Derealization

Anxiety: Depersonalization and Derealization

Just interested to see how many people are experiencing symptoms of DP/DR with their anxiety.

Re: Anxiety: Depersonalization and Derealization

I just get it when I am anxious. Its usually because I start to get really introspective with the worry that its building to a panic attack.

All the best

Nechtan

I suffered wth panic attacks when I was 13. I only felt DP/DR during a panic attack. Now i'm 22 and I get this feeling pretty much most of the time, it's horrible. It's more evident during anxious times but it can start when i'm not even anxious. The only thing that helps me relieve DP/DR is alcohol. I think everyone can feel derelization for a second if they wanted too, just simply questioning things like Why are we here? Does space go on for ever? Is this all real or just a dream? etc. That moment when you push your mind too far and think what the hell? The problem is, anxiety sufferers are always thinking, we're never in that "auto pilot mode" like non anxious people, we seem to observe everything.

Hope that makes sense Just my view on it.

Its my main symtom, DP/DR. I have had anxiety 4 times in 30 years so have experienced DP etc long before now. However this is the longest episode I have ever had and I am just getting less scared of it and am doing most things now. I must say here that I am still not 100% and have to talk to myself at times when I am out and about, but over all I am doing a lot better than I was - I have been this way for 2.5 years now.
    Shirley

I only experience it when I'm in a spell of particular bad anxiety. It's a terrible feeling and so subtle. Alcohol does seem to help my anxiety symptom as well, but I have had anxiety attacks while drinking and THAT is THE worse for me.

I feel like it most of the time. Sometimes I feel as if I'm just watching the world go by, but I'm not part of it.

mestys,

I also feel it pretty much constantly. I struggle to find a meaning to life and constantly wonder why we're here and is it all real or some weird dream. I first had this about six years ago when i was 18. I managed to get over it for a while but something has triggered it off lately as I've had real bad DR/DP constantly for the last 3 months. Feel so depressed all the time

I feel it especially after a long period of anxiety (like now), its as though im closing in to protect myself from anymore anxiety..... i find it horrendous, like i cant get away from myself. I know its a very common symtom and does pass but it doesnt help when you are in it! :(

...baby steps everyday.

i hate it i seem to get it most of the time and the only thing that helps is alcohol.....which brings on anxiety when i am hungover...so i am constantly on a roundabout...yippee!!!!

Here is the link again. I have had a lot of trouble with this too and am only just starting to not be as scared of it after nearly 3 years!

http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/deper...alisation.html

It has affected my driving and everything else but now I think that the fog is lifting a bit and I am doing most things, even though I am not just 100% yet.

Shirley

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information