13 6.28%
  • I've experienced it before but not recently

21 10.14%
  • Never experienced it

1 0.48%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety: Depersonalization and Derealization

Re: Anxiety: Depersonalization and Derealization

I didn't know how to articulate it before I read about it on here. But I get it when very anxious and during panic attacks.

this is my second period of anxiety/panic/depression.
    I dont remember experiencing d&d the first time and was convinced I was going mad/losing the plot this time until I read about it on here.

Over the last 2 weeks I have had a day where I have felt normal which has reassured me I wont feel like this forever - once I bring my anxiety under control. It is so scarey though, I wont drive at the moment and havent been able to go out or get to work. This in itself makes me feel worse as I worry how I'll pay the mortgage if I cant work

I get that introspection feeling alot when i am anxious or if i have drank alcohol and have a hangover my nerves are really bad and also if my day is very different eg..maybe ive gone out for the day somewhere or maybe ive had to do something during the day i dont usually do..its so weird life really sucks at times.

Quote Originally Posted by tasia View Post
    I get that introspection feeling alot when i am anxious or if i have drank alcohol and have a hangover my nerves are really bad and also if my day is very different eg..maybe ive gone out for the day somewhere or maybe ive had to do something during the day i dont usually do..its so weird life really sucks at times.
    I can totally relate to this, hangovers seem to make this whole feeling 10x worse, weird. When I used to have hangovers it didn't really effect me at all, now the day after drinking is totally unproductive as my anxiety + dp/dr is tenfold. There seems to be a strong link between hangovers and anxiety, if you google it there are quite a few people who experience the same thing.

oh my god..yes im always saying i wont drink so much etc., etc., but always do and always suffer...should stop drinking i guess alcohol and anxiety dont go well together..

I have started getting this feeling like theres a huge mist and im not taking things in properly/or then i can be taking in too much info at once. I get a feeling of strangeness and cant explain it, i know its scary. I have had panic attacks in the past although not had one for a couple of weeks now, but im hoping this derealisation/personalisation does not trigger them off again. Im getting myself some cherry plum bach remedy 2day for fear im going to lose the plot. Ang. x

I hate DP/DR. I had it really bad a couple of weeks ago and am getting it on and off at the moment. I keep questioning the 'meaning of life' and thinking so much about my purpose in life.

know exactly how you feel

I am actually most of all terrified when questions like what i am doing here and who i am start rising in my head. It scares everythign out of me.

I hate this. I really dont like getting these generalised questions in my head.

I know one thing - we have to keep repeating to yourselves that its not us - its the anxiety, panic or depression talking, and that it will pass away like it did before.

Take care

Im the same, when i remember back i actually think i had my first DR thing when i was about 13, didnt really understand what i was or tell anyone when it happened. only until my first panic attack i found out what they are.

Lately its like im walking around with a ckoud over my head almost on auto pilot, trying to convince myself that its not gonna happen again and of course from worrying about it i get them, vicious circle thats hard to break.

My dr/dp is slightly different to what you all expereince. Have you ever looked in a mirror for too long that you don't recognise your reflection anymore or say a word like 'spoon' over and over until it sounds strange and not associated it a spoon. I know it sounds stupid, but thats how dr/dp affects me. Its like I look around and I see a million things around me that I know I know, but at this point the feel unfamiliar - as if I'm looking at them for the first time. I find this my most terrifying symptom of my anxiety and it often makes my life hell. Does anyone else feel like this?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information