13 6.28%
  • I've experienced it before but not recently

21 10.14%
  • Never experienced it

1 0.48%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Anxiety: Depersonalization and Derealization

Re: Anxiety: Depersonalization and Derealization

I seem to be getting it all the time - my god I wish it would go!

Madeleine.x

has anyone ever tried citalopram for depersonalisation/derealisation?

Did it help? If not what medications did you try??

Both Citalopram and Prozac helped me with my anxiety and DP/DR symptoms but they both stopped working after a period of years, so it wasn't a 'cure'. I tend to have DP/DR symptoms particularly when it is cloudy or there is low pressure.

Smile Re: Anxiety: Depersonalization and Derealization

Hi i have only joined this site today and am finding i so helpful my main concern was this depersonalisation drealisation thing, because it is so hard to put into words i am not sure thats what i have so i am sure i am something else that I AM the one who is actually MAD on here, but reading through this i am beginning to actually think that i do have this, what yu say about looking in mirror and not recognising yourself and the "spoon" thing i have that feeling - sometimes i look in mirror and see my image and look and look and thinkg "is that me" yes its me, yes thats what i look like but at the same time dont recoginise myself - its so horrible, but i think the worse thing is not being able to explain it and therefore the fear that brings that you will never be able to explain it properly to anyone and therefore you will be the one person who is mad or schizophric or something - and at the same time you dont really want to know just in case -

Hope you are feeling bit better now anyway but just thought i would let you know i get the same feelings x

I think I am stuck in a constant state of depersonalisation. It doesn't really cause me distress anymore but it does make personal care quite tricky. Why should I look after something that's not even mine kind of thing. I don't know if this is related but I get this feeling like I am somehow seperated from everyone else and that stops them being able to see me or talk to me. Yeah, that sounds a bit odd but it's the only way I can describe it.

Anybody suffered this for days solid?

E.g stopping them going out as much, doing regular things as the worry is so bad?

I've had days of feeling "not me" and disconnected from realty.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information