Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hair dye

hair dye

hi,

ive just bleached my hair- home job, and just wanted to get a little reasureance- it probably sounds silly, but as i was waiting for my hair to lighten, i was reading the pamphlet that comes with the dye and all over it was warnings about extreme danger and reactions, so of course now im feeling a little queasy..lol..

ive got a slight itchyness. but i always get that when i bleach my hair. do you think its possible to get severe reaction even if youve bleached before?

ive rinsed it out now, but little worried, and got a music festival to go to, so nervous something will happen as delayed reaction at festival- oh, i really hope not!!!! its 3 hrs from home! there is a hospital in the area.gosh, the heat at the festival will be hard enough to deal with. AND, just found a snake in the backyard, so cant leave dog at home-gotta find someone to take him for the day...lolol...
    oh, what have i done? lol...this is how my head works....

any advice? apoligies this got a bit random...lolol..

Re: hair dye

Hi Peach,

I always get anxious when I dye my hair. I think even a glimpse of the 'Warnings' is enough to send my mind into 'overdrive' of 'What ifs'...

I hope you've a great time at the festival.

Best wishes

Hi

i get anxious when i do my hair to. Even though i use the same make, i always worry that i will get a reaction.

love mandie x

My hubby does my hair, I am blonde, but dye it slighty blonde. I always panic as the dye turns purple on my head! I am always fine as I think you will be.

Have a great time xxx

i recently had my hair bleached from a reddish brown back to blonde which i normally am. this was the worst itchyness tingle burning sensation i have ever had from having my hair coloured and i colour my hair all the time, also left me with a bright red slight burn line around my forhead i was worried about this at the time but it eased as soon as it was washed off and totally went within a week i think this is a pretty normal reaction to bleach

LOL I have had many a panic attack over hair dye! and I have dyed my haur lots and never had a reaction, but my anxiety makes me silly at times.
    try not worry you'll be fine!
    I'm sure you have used hair dye before and not had a reaction!
    have fun at the festival! x

Hi
    My hair is blonde and whenever I colour it, about a few minutes in, I start to panic...I dont know why but I think its to do with a fear of the chemicals on my head lol and I worry I will get a reaction to it. I feel quite anxious until its time to wash it off.
    I am the same even at the hairdressers and it is a real struggle to stay calm.
    However I am not letting my hair go back to its natural colour

I’ve had hair dye when I was younger but my worry is in the future i could suffer a reaction to it how safe are the hair dyes?

This thread is from 2009. Last reply 2011. What's the point?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    This thread is from 2009. Last reply 2011. What's the point?

FMP
    My apologies I couldn’t be bothered to start a new one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information