View Poll Results: Why did your dr give you propranolo?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • for Anxiety only

21 61.76%
  • for multi reason - depression, anxiety

8 23.53%
  • for any other medical reason - high bp etc

4 11.76%
  • Not sure

1 2.94%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why do you take propranolo.

why do you take propranolo.

Why did the drs give u propranolol. was it for anxiety, depression, or other medical reason.

Re: why do you take propranolo.

I took 40 mg for anxiety,but Thursday I had it reduced to 20 mg

I take 20mgs everyday for anxiety. Take one tablet in the morning and one at night.

80MG once a day in the morning. Was given it as to try to remove the physical symptoms of anxiety (racing heart, sweats, horrible sinking stomach). It's really early days for me though, had some major panic attacks this afternoon (the first dose wearing off?) Really want to be a week ahead to where I am now as hopefully it should be working properly by then (so I've read on here anyway...)

I take it for anxiety, 40mg a day, half in the morning half at night.

I take mine for anxiety too.. 40mg in the morning. I hadn't thought about taking half and half, because I do get quite anxious at night. Hmm.

whitelight, I hope they work out for you, they worked like a dream for me! All the best.

I take 40mgs every day for anxiety and sadly have seen little improvement :(

I'm on the highest dose of 160mgs a day. I suffered for a whole week on 3x20mgs daily, but to no avail. It was the longest and most frightening week of my life. There I was on medicines to help these damned palpitations and they were'nt working. I felt lost.

My GP eventually changed it to the highest amount of 160mg's a day, one modified release capsule and it worked virtually straight away. The only side effect I'm having is tiredness, but I'd rather be feeling sluggish than terrified. And I'm managing a sleep at night. They haven't gone completely but I'm more trusting that I'm going to be okay. My only fear is that they'll return if the medication is stopped.

i take prop for anxiety been taking for 1 week 40mg 3 times daily still very edgy doesent seem 2 be working or does it take a while also taking citalopram for about 12 week 10mg then 20 now 40mg got a awfull sinking feeling in my stomach most of day and very nervy cant seem 2 shake this off not enjoying anything at all is this anxiety keep thinking something else is wrong

please anyone reply 2 put my mind at rest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information