View Poll Results: Why did your dr give you propranolo?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • for Anxiety only

21 61.76%
  • for multi reason - depression, anxiety

8 23.53%
  • for any other medical reason - high bp etc

4 11.76%
  • Not sure

1 2.94%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why do you take propranolo.

Re: why do you take propranolo.

I take 40mg in am and 40mg is pm......yes the tightness round my chest has eased....But still...the racing heart, pins and needles....So actually not much use for me either

It's weird how life goes. I was successfully managing 160mg modified release propanolol tablet a day, and to be honest for two months it's been working fine. This morning I wake up with palpitations and they've lasted all day. I've spent today willing the clock on to bed time to take my sleeping pills just to escape the sheer horror I'm experiencing. I honestly thought it was under control but no such luck. I just hope after sleep tonight (if I'm lucky) it'll be back to normal. But for now, it's really just par for the course....

I'm taking it for anxiety but it hasn't helped, I take 30mg a day, if anything, it's making me feel so much more tired and breathless, I think I am going to stop them soon. I am really at a loss on what to take for anxiety because nothing seems to work and all I get is side affects with each med I take which really does not instal any confidence and makes me believe that I will never get better, I am so unhappy :(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information