Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worse? - Second time around

Re: Worse? - Second time around

Katie

Out of interest - what are you on now? Also, how do you feel on your new med if you're on one.

Seroxat is certainly a strange med when you go on it a second time - it was for me anyway. I've never felt the same since I came off it. Let us know how you are without it.

My god 60mg is one hell of a high dosage. Wish you well.

I also would like to know what meds you are on know Katie. I am currently working up to 40mg which I have not been on in 5 years (always 20mg max before)! Am I becoming intolerent to it? My dad swears by Citalopram but I am too scared to swap from one to another incase of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne View Post
    Katie

Out of interest - what are you on now? Also, how do you feel on your new med if you're on one.

Seroxat is certainly a strange med when you go on it a second time - it was for me anyway. I've never felt the same since I came off it. Let us know how you are without it.

My god 60mg is one hell of a high dosage. Wish you well.
    Hi Yvonne,

I'm not really sure whether or not I feel like the same person now i'm off Seroxat because afew things were going on back then and time has moved on, my life's changed, surroundings and relationships etc. I certainly think in a different way that's for sure.

I weaned off the medication because it was making me feel so ill, but I was also detoxing from alcohol and then afew weeks later I had major breakdown caused by PTSD. I was hospitalised for afew weeks, discharged then back in again a couple of weeks after, where I then spent 4 months as an inpatient.

I can't really say if I'm fully recovered, as by definition Recovery means to regain something, i'm unsure if there is such a thing where Mental Health is concerned, all I know is that life seems to be a learning journey and that's the most important thing, rather than trying to find the destination.

I now take Fluoxetine, eat a balanced diet, exercise daily and always make positive goals for myself, (no matter how small). I think that developing a positive mind and attitude is really important. I've found it's not easy and it takes practice and a lot time.

I believe that if we become ill through Mental Health especially if it's for sometime, we can become trapped in a negative mind. Subconsiously, we're unaware of this, I believe it to be true that if our minds can be trapped in negativity, it is very much a fact that we can turn our thinking around into Positives.

I now have set daily routines that I usually make the previous night, keep a positive diary to write my goals and achievements and write in anything I find that inspires me and I can already notice a huge difference.

All the best xx

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel_N View Post
    I also would like to know what meds you are on know Katie. I am currently working up to 40mg which I have not been on in 5 years (always 20mg max before)! Am I becoming intolerent to it? My dad swears by Citalopram but I am too scared to swap from one to another incase of problems.
    Hi Rachel,

Citalopram is a good medication, although what works for one person doesn't necessarily mean it works for the next, as everybody is different.

Just out of interest, has your GP discussed the higher dosage with Paroxetine ? Many doctors i've spoken to give the patient a choice of considering a swap in meds.

I'm obviously no doctor, but my opinion - Is that I do believe you're becoming intolerent to it, this is going by my own experience and others that I have known to have taken the medication.

I understand your fear of swapping meds, it isn't a nice thing to go through, it can be very tough, but in the long run, it could be for the best.

Just my thoughts. Have a chat to your GP about it and if in doubt ask for second opinion.

Take care xx

Thanks Katie, I will certainly look into changing. Not for the next couple of weeks as I have a course and job interview to attend.

Thanks for your help

R x

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel_N View Post
    Thanks Katie, I will certainly look into changing. Not for the next couple of weeks as I have a course and job interview to attend.

Thanks for your help

R x

No worries. Good luck with the interview.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information