Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 weeks later...should i?

5 weeks later...should i?

Ok its been 5 weeks now since taking citro and to tell you the truth i dont feel any better at all
    i started off with 8mg, then 2 weeks ago upped it to 12mg.
    I feel ill all the time...tierd, really anxious & deppressed, never really suffered depression before but it seems to be stronger now.
    Just really peed off, all i seem to be doing is wishing the days away

i know 12mg is low...but i was on seroxat for years on 10mg, so begining to wonder if citro is no good for me!?

Re: 5 weeks later...should i?

Angie
    I started straight in at 20mg and the first week was tough but now I am at week 2 I can definitely see the improvements from the depressive/anxious feeling of before even though there are still some minor side effects. Maybe your dose sounds quite low - maybe a chat with your GP

what i cant understand though, i started off on 8mg, was awfull, so then upped to 12mg but u would think by upping just a bit it would improve a bit??
    dont you think? i mean how much do you increase before it DOES begin to work?

do you think i should stop it and try something else?

EDITED to say
    Ive just realized i was on liquid seroxat 10ml which = 20mg!!!

so maybe the citro is a bit low??
    Last edited by bubblefizz; 02-02-09 at 11:43. Reason: added

Angie, why did you change from seroxat?xxx

cuz last year i was getting anxiety again, my care worker said i was going "down" so the docs said he thought seroxat had done its course, was on it for 5/6 years, so he suggested a new one

Wished i never had changed now

Quote Originally Posted by bubblefizz View Post
    what i cant understand though, i started off on 8mg, was awfull, so then upped to 12mg but u would think by upping just a bit it would improve a bit??
    dont you think? i mean how much do you increase before it DOES begin to work?
    HI ANGIE,SO SORRY YOU STILL FEELING ROTTEN.I WAS ON 20MG BEFORE MY DEPRESSION STARTED TO LIFT.IAM NOW ON 30 AND FEEL BETTER THAN IVE FELT IN YEARS.IT WOULD BE A PITY IF YOU GAVE UP NOW !AFTER ALL YOU VE GONE THRU,ID WAIT UNTIL ID BEEN ON 20 MG FOR A WHILE BEFORE ID THINK ABOUT CHANGING ,YOUR OVER HALF THE WAY NOW HUN,YOULL ONLY HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN.GOOD LUCK WITH WHAT EVER YOU

Hey,
    Ive been on citalopram for 5 weeks now too and have had no improvement at all, in fact its only made my depression worse and made every day so unbearable. I too am wishing the days away now and find no enjoyment in anything and am struggling to achieve the most minimal of tasks.
    I have stopped taking them now, but i am still unsre if i should persevere?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suzy-sue View Post
    HI ANGIE,SO SORRY YOU STILL FEELING ROTTEN.I WAS ON 20MG BEFORE MY DEPRESSION STARTED TO LIFT.IAM NOW ON 30 AND FEEL BETTER THAN IVE FELT IN YEARS.IT WOULD BE A PITY IF YOU GAVE UP NOW !AFTER ALL YOU VE GONE THRU,ID WAIT UNTIL ID BEEN ON 20 MG FOR A WHILE BEFORE ID THINK ABOUT CHANGING ,YOUR OVER HALF THE WAY NOW HUN,YOULL ONLY HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN.GOOD LUCK WITH WHAT EVER YOU
    Thank you so much for your comment...i really needed it
    and yea you are right, i would be stupid to stop now, so will see what docs suggest tommorow, i know hes gonna tell me to up it

troubled girl- what dosage are you on?

Hi bubblefizz, from my experieces with citalopram you defo need to up you dose, I have tried 20, 25, 30, for the past 10 weeks and now 40mg and its only since been on this dose that i have felt a improvement. I too was like you even on 30mg was still feeling anxious, depressed, spacy wishing days away then about 18/19 days ago i went up to 40mg as my doctor said, and for the past 2 days i have felt a lot better. You really need to up your meds 20mg is not a high dose for anxiety, take care Lucy x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information