Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long term use of Cipralex

Re: Long term use of Cipralex

Like Thumbalina, I have been taking Escitalopram for over 5 years now. I started on 10mg then was upped to 20mg. Prior to that I had been on Dothiepin which totally drugged me - I was like a walking Zombie, I then was put on to Sertralin which gave me a fuzzy head and dry mouth - I was constantly dry even though I drank buckets.

I have tried to reduce the dosage, but due to other factors, I have had some really black episodes. My doctor told me that if I had a thyroid deficiency, or Diabetes, I would have to take medication for the rest of my life so why should it be any difference for clinical depression? He said If I feel ready to try a reduced dose, then I can do, but not to worry too much if I find it a problem. By the way, I have had no real side effects, other than taking a bit longer to get "Jiggy" if u know what I mean . If u don't, then no worries! The medication doesn't take away the down days, it just enables me to get a grip and carry on.

Re: Long term use of Cipralex

I am suggested Cipralex by a renowned psychiatrist in Bangalore in 2000. I was kept on cipralex 10 + prothedin 50 and now after so many years it is reduced now to cipralex 5 in the morn and protheidin 25 at night. This course I am taking for the last four years. No side effects are felt and we can also remain in contact with cipralex people on their website, if needed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information