Thread: Checking In

Checking In

Hi, everyone!

I haven't posted in a couple of weeks and wanted to pop in and say hi and share some of my progress.

For one thing, I got approved for disability (yay)...now I'll be getting healthcare which is more important than anything. I can FINALLY find out what causes the imbalance.

My anxiety and panic levels has decreased which is really surprising since my husband had to go to another state to help with some family matters so I've been home alone for almost two weeks now with the dogs. I was very, very nervous at first but I'm adjusting. I kept thinking I would have a major panic attack while he was gone but I got it under control and I've only had two small attacks since he's been gone. Had one this morning, in fact, but I got it under control with breathing excercises and talking myself down. I figured whether he's here or not, if it's going to happen it's going to happen regardless. I refuse to fear panic anymore. I know the attacks can't harm me and they will pass. Amazing what our minds can do isn't it?

I haven't been able to start my CBT therapy yet since I have no transportation while hubby is gone but I'll start when he gets home. Even if I feel better I'm still going to go because as we all know anxiety/panic can hit anytime and I want to be prepared for it.

That's about it...I miss posting and am going to be hanging around a bit to get to know the newer people and some of you oldies lol

Lots of love,

Lacey

Re: Checking In

Hi Lacey

I am new around here - but just thought I would say Hi!!

Well done with the disability - at least you can get what you need now - which is important

Nice to meet you

Lushkat x

Re: Checking In

Hi Lacy

well done for coping on your own . Glad things are going the right way.

Best wishes

Veronica

Thread Information