Thread: Helping parents move house

Helping parents move house

After posting several times with messages along the lines of how to cope with additional stress, I thought I'd come back with something positive for a change. I've recently spent a week helping my elderly parents move house which involved me having my disabled Mum to stay with me for about 4 days, which made me virtually housebound myself as she can't be left alone for very long. After being quite freaked out about the whole thing (I think it was the responsibility that was bothering me) I actually managed very well. I'm not sure how I did it, probably looking after someone else distracted me from my own problems. I've also recently started taking Risperdal which seems to be helping. It felt so good to feel confident and capable once again. I've also been freaking out about having my parents to stay over Christmas but now I think I'll be able to manage it, fingers crossed!

Theresa

Well done Teresa ,

I know how much that has been worrying you. It's totally fine to be taking meds - you still coped beautiful.

I do fully agree the distraction and being able to help someone else helped you.

Onwards to Christmas now !!

Congratulations

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Well done Theresa

You coped so well. I hate having people to stop. I think it's because you "loose control" of your life whilst other people are in your house, and (apart from when it's really close friends), you always seem to be "on duty" to provide for your guests!

I sometimes find that having to do something that you have no option in doing makes you cope. And obviously with your mum coming to stop, you didn't really have much choice but to be with her all the time!

So pleased you are starting to feel good again. I hope you have a great Xmas

Charlie

Thread Information