Thread: READ! This book saved my LIFE!

Exclamation READ! This book saved my LIFE!

I was at the lowest of possible lows in the behavioral health ward, shaking and sweating with panic and anxiety. I had severe depression, anxiety, racing thoughts -- I would over analzye everything! I was scaring myself sick... I didn't want to be left alone in fear of what I may do to myself. I just wanted to be put out of my misery! I would beg the nurses to do ANYTHING to make me just forget!

A man who was also in the ward gave me a book... and I swear this book saved my life! It's called "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle. I was never brought up into religion and I have always been very skeptical about God. To me, there was just no proof. This book answered all my questions. Life finally made sense to me.

I know you're thinking "there's no way to be sure..." but trust me, I was at the point of finding meaning or jumping out a window, and this book truly saved me. Give it a chance. I honestly believe it's the reason I'm here today.

I don't want to offend anyone from any religion, I'm just saying that it helped ME and I know it could help someone else as well. THERE IS HOPE!! I PROMISE!!

Re: READ! This book saved my LIFE!

I'll give it a look.

Thanks

Nechtan

I've also read this book and found some very useful comforting snippets to take from it. Oprah Winfrey discusses the book on her website which can be helpful too.

However it can be a bit wordy and deep in places so for those looking for a slightly easier read I can wholeheartedly recommend the author 'Cheryl Huber' - have a look on Amazon for reviews.

Love Piglet

Thanks for reccomending this book. I've just ordered my copy from play.com. I'm really looking foward to reading it.

Thread Information