Thread: Facebook

Facebook

I don't like and it and we aren't on it.

Some of our families are though.

http://www.xprimnt.com/2007/07/02/why-i-hate-facebook/

Read this person's opinions.

Please comment. I would like to hear others.

Re: Facebook

Hmm. I don't know much about it but is it any different from Msn or Skype?
    If not, I don't see the need for it. Those that I want to stay in touch with have my details and those that I don't..don't.

Is it a different service from msn?

I like Facebook because it allows communication to be less of a barrier, and plus there is always a fun side to it, like the additional things you can place on your page, etc. And in my opinion, either of these aren't bad.

Personally, I think the people who don't like facebook, or hate MSN, or Myspace, or any similar thing, shouldn't complain about it. I mean, yea, you have the right to choose whether to take part or join it and if you choose not to, then what's the big deal? Just because other people choose to join these things doesn't mean it should be complained about, if that makes sense. That's my opinion however. If you don't like facebook, then why talk about it? Lol.

But yes, I do use it for a number of reasons; communication, a bit of fun, finding people that I may have lost contact with, finding family who may live far away, etc.

So, all for facebook, I am

Chrissy xx

~"...to reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people :
    Yes, We Can!!!! ~

Wolfieeeeee

I cant agree with much of what is in that article.

People move homes, change telephone numbers etc. Its impossible to stay in contact with everyone you 'want' to without the use of the Internet.

I may be busy on Friday night, which is the only night my mate 'Dave' is free..... so I dont get to chat to 'Dave' this week, I didnt get to see 'Dave' last week because he was too hungover from the night before. I doubt I'll get to see 'Dave' next week because I'm working Saturday so I dont want to get too lashed up on Friday. With FaceBook, I can still network with 'Dave' even if we arent free at the same time.

The Internet and Social Networking Sites, Instant Messenger Programs and the like offer people a chance to send a quick message to another person or group of people. That person or those people could live in the next street, next county or the other side of the Globe. It doesnt matter, they will still receive the message the next time they have 2 minutes to browse the internet.

These types of sites are just vastly improved, technically advanced e-mail programs. Nobody complains about e-mail.

You choose what information you want to add to these sites. You can even make it up if you are that way inclined. How can it be an invasion of privacy if you dont add private info? Much the same as MSN, you pick and choose who your friends are. If you're worried, only add people you WANT to see you. If you dont accept their 'friendship' they cant see your profile (if you have it set-up that way).

I hate FaceBook, not because of what is stands for, I think that is genius. I hate it because the Front End is about as friendly as a fart in an elevator. It's also incredibly slow, but then again, with the amount of traffic, you'd expect that.

Just sayin'

i love facebook.its genious! im able to contact my family who live quite far away and other stuff to.my opinion is if you dont like it dont join and thats that! lol

Do we move along with fate?
    Or is it fate that unravels wih the steps we take?

I love facebook. What is wrong with facebook? It's fun!

well you only put up the details you want paeople to see and you can chose who see's your details.
    It's good too for finding old friends.
    good for stalking people lol, it is amazing the amount of personal details people put up on the internet, where they hang out, their school, where they live, full name and birthday!
    i only put up Ireland and dont use my real name and only add people whom I know to my page.
    I also dont put up very many pictures as they are easily stolen.
    wow I read some of the comments on the artical, surely people have better things to do than to "hate" random things!

Thread Information