Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ongoing stomach problems. Really frightened.

Ongoing stomach problems. Really frightened.

I'm so scared and my anxiety has returned really bad. I was fine for months, then about 6 weeks ago I got a wiered pressure feeling at the top of my stomach, under my ribs. This lead to gripe, cramp pains that came and went. I get it worse after I eat, which is now putting me off eating.
    My G.P thought it might be IBS, although I don't have diarea or constipation. I'm going to the toilet more often but it's quite normal when I go. I had blood tests that all came back clear. These were Thiaroid, Liver count, a test for a bacterial infection and a blood count.
    My MAIN WORRY is that I have Cancer. My Dad died of stomach cancer 2 years ago.
    What I really need to know is...Does my good blood count result mean I definitely DON'T have cancer?? Sorry if I sound nieve.
    I'm TERRIFIED of having a camera put down my throat. Is this the next step??!!! I'm SOOOO frightened!!

Hi Heeby,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling too good. I spent literally years with a horrible feeling in the left of my stomach. It was a tight feeling and I was convinced that I too had cancer. I had test after test and saw 3 different GP's and I STILL didn't let this convince me. Over time as I introduced other worries into my "schedule", the stomach one started to leave just as it had arrived! I let this go on for so long and wish I'd have accepted earlier that it was me that was causing it. It felt so very real, the pain, the absolute consuming fear and this was most of the time! It sounds like combined with your anxiety and what happened with your dad, you're feeding a symptom that you've created for yoursef. Just because you dad had stomach cancer doesn't mean you're going to get it. I know that may not help now but you'll find in time that the stomach will settle.

I hope this helps...

Mark x

Hi

It sounds like IBS to me... I have bad stomach cramps too, but thats because I am lactose intolerant...maybe you're intolerant to some food that upset your stomach?
    Also "worries" themselves have the power to upset your stomach.
    Have a look at this, you may find it helpful : www.lactose.co.uk

Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

Ive get that and i am suffering from ibs and chrons .I get losec from my gp. It helps alot. And i also get busbur for my bowels as i get consiptied and diarrea at the same time off day also alot of tummy pains like trapped wind burning pain etc etc.I also bleed from my back passage yes and i mean alot of blood. But im sure its ibs with yourself. As you get the same stomach pains as me. Hope you get it under control soon as its is very scary. Take care.

Frances Gill
    Love & Respect to you all...

Hi

Dont worry I have had the camera down my throat 3 times, and at the minute waiting to here if i have to have it again. There is nothing to be scared about, they ask you if you want to be asleep or just sedated. you dont know its happening you will be fine if you have to have it done.
    Have you had your gall bladder tested? as this can cause probs after eating? try and stop worrying as this also doesnt help . if you had cancer they would of found out by now with the tests so dont worry.
    take care
    big hug
    susie

Thanks for all the advice. It's helped me to know that I can be put to sleep to have a camera down my throat! I've still got tummy pains and nausea together with anxiety now too - Tight throat that feels like it's closing and twitchy and jittery around my mouth and chin. The nausea is probably my anxiety I think. Anyway thanks everyone.
    Please keep sending me messages on the tummy problem subject as all helps.

Heeby x

Hi Heebies

I'm glad to hear that you've been good for a long time now. Thats great news indeed.

Has your doctor prescribed anything for this ?

I would try cutting fatty food out of your diet for a month and seeing if that helps at all.

It is unlikely to be stomach cancer with those sort of immediate violent symptoms.

You already know that the nausea and throat thing is anxiety based. Think about what might have set you off worrying a few weeks ago.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Heebies,
    I am at the same point almost. I have had the tummy thing and I really have not been able to tell if it is the tummy, bowels, gallbladder, liver etc. I have been treated for a bowel infection because I had a fever to go with it. Then it still was happening, so I have blood work for testing the liver and check for infection in the blood. I heard nothing back. I still have the pain under my right rib and still have stomach problems. I have intestinal gas that grumbles.
    I feel for you and hope you feel better soon.
    Please try and dismiss your thoughts on your Dad.
    My dad died of an infection and now I take my temperature everyday.
    It is a fear that doesn't leave.

TT

TT

Hi Heebs,

I too have had a similiar tale to tell as some of the others.

Last year I had a soreness where you descibe on the left-hand side too. Then I had terrible indigestion and heartburn. After a few months I had the camera put down which I even managed without the sedative and I'm a real wimp!!

My GP had suggested lots of natural yoghurt with the healthy bacteria which did the trick (I felt better even before going for the camera but still had it done to be sure).

Hope you feel better soon.

Love Piglet

The problem is now that I'm quite scared of eating. I feel sick at the thought of food. I have only managed a banana and a couple of pieces of fruit bread in about 3 days! I can't go on like this. In the past I've found it easier to eat after a few glasses of wine or beer to relax me but this isnt working either. Losing wieght FAST and this is only adding to my fear that I have a serious stomach problem. Feel anxious and really afraid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information