Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NAUSEA/ STOMACH PAINS

NAUSEA/ STOMACH PAINS

Does anyone else get nausea/stomach pains relating to anxiety??
    I think i read a post about it

I have been feeling sick for 2 days (but not any more anxious than usual) I am also gettig stomach pains (not crippling but sore)

The thing about anxiety is I don't know when the pains are because of anxiety or something else!!!!

Lucky

Hi Lucky

I feel nauseous and have "tummy grumbles" alot of the time. I suffer from IBS which is obviously linked in with my anxiety. Last week I felt nauseous all week.

I find that the following helps to settle everything down:

1. drink plenty of water
    2. herbal tea - particularly peppermint and ginger
    3. eat regularly, little and often
    4. don't let yourself get too hungry - a hungry over acidic stomach can make you feel nauseous which stops you wanting to eat, which makes you feel worse
    5. charcoal tablets (available from the health food shop) they don't work for everybody but help relieve nausea in a lot of people (be careful though - they can make your motions turn black, so don't go thinking you've suddenly developed bowel cancer!!)
    6. Moilium 10 or similar anti-emetic, available over the counter from pharmacies
    7. ensure that you go to the toilet regularly. Remember that constipation, and also "holding it in" can also make you feel nauseous
    8. watch what you eat - avoid too much fried food, and eat plenty of wholegrains, fruit and vegetables. Avoid the battered Mars bars!
    9. Oh and of course exercise!!! (Now I'm a convert I can preach !!!)
    10. And last but not least, make sure you are getting enough rest and relaxation

I put a post on here the other month - think it was in Top Tips about stopping feeling sick.

Hope this helps

It's really horrible walking round feeling sick all the time. Luckily, I'm feeling better this week (the B Complex and the gym already taking effect????)

Charlie

The nausea used to come right after the tummy muscles heavily contracted or if I was worrying about something for a while and as it it came closer I got more worried.

It is a very common symptom of nervousness.

For me I found I was awallowing air and a fizzy drink really helped release it. Also keep eating small amounts even if you don't feel like it . Your body will still produce acid so needs something to work on.

Keep with it Lucky, it does pass.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Thanks Guys,

I'll try out some of your tips. And I have strted back my usual 'snacking' today as thought that might be the problem (just eating meals)

I didn't realize that constipation could cause nausea!!!

Anyho i will sit here and munch on my pork pies and drink my irn-bru and see how i feel later!!

Love
    lucky

Lucky

Don't know if it does in general, but I know when I'm bad with my IBS, if I get constipated I feel sick. When I've been I don't. Think Meg also wrote a short while back that is sometimes known for people to feel nauseous after they have passed a bowel movement, something to do with the abdominal muscles and contraction. I will see if I can find it.

Pork Pie and Irn Bru - ughh - it's enough to make me feel sick right now! You must have cast iron guts LOL

Love

Charlie

It's weird thatt you mentioned constipation as i am slightly.
    And what's wrong with pork pies and iron bru (pork pies must be cold though as i can't stand heated ones!!)
    I've always had good guts (until now!!)

love
    lucky

Yuck

All that pink meat and greasy fat. And don't even get me started on Irn Bru - is it still made from girders.

I was once the soberest person at a party, as we drunk the place dry, and the only thing left was Irn Bru WKD. What a waste of vodka!

To be honest, even the thought of Irn Bru and a pork pie is making me feel sick, so maybe you shouldn't be worrying at all!!!! Go find an apple! LOL

Love

Charlie

Of course irn-bru is still made from girders!!!!!!

Do agree about the irn -bru and vodka though - yuck

Pork pies are yummy!!!

Love
    lucky

Lucky,

Many people do feel more anxious overall when they're consipated and this can contribute to the nausea and churny tummy.

Equally when that's all gone and everything has moved on down quickly it takes the innards a while to readjust and can cause a different sort of tummy ache/disturbance .

I hope this passes quickly for you.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Thanks Meg

I have just looked for the post where I thought I'd read your comments relating to this issue, and couldn't find it. So then I convinced myself I'd dreamt it, was going cuckoo again.

Charlie

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information