Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NAUSEA/ STOMACH PAINS

i could eat pork pies 24/7...they do minature ones now,and they go in my ever increasing lunch box.

hope you feel better soon,try cuddling a hot water bottle at nite..no,not hubby lol.

best wishes bryan.

Hi Lucky,

I had a real problem with the nausea. Only had pains sometimes. The grumbling came when the IBS was so intense. Radar's fizzy drinks advice fixed the nausea for me. The pains have since vanished and the IBS is also gone. I attribute all this to my recovery. Funny though how strongly connected our minds, stomachs and IBS symptoms are. HOpe this helps.

Hugs, Susan

I've noticed before that having an upset stomach can bring on anxiousness (but not the other way 'round, for me). I've often wondered what the connection is that I'm making between the two.

Jim

thats where the saying 'a gut feeling' and 'butterflies in the stomach' come from. Your stomach health is very closely connected to stress levels and anxiety....

Emily

Jim - I am the same

I think its because the digestive system is such a large and important part of the body, when it isn't "behaving" it's virtually impossible to ignore.

When my "tummy is bad", I don't feel good, and avoid doing things. It makes me anxious. I have recently been trying to fight this, and went Xmas shopping to the local city, despite having quite a bad attack of IBS, and being "aware" of my stomach all day.

I survived (of course I was always going to), and have got alot braver about going out when my "tum" isn't right. Consequently, I've been generally feeling better.

Sometimes though, the anxiety and physical symptoms are so closely linked, it s impossible to say which came first! Generally sensible eating and "chilling out" seem to help

Charlie

Hiya all,

Thanks for all the advice.

Brian - it is the little pork pies i eat - yum yum

and i wuld also like to say I was wrong irn-bru is no longer made by girders it is 'barr' I can't believe it when did that happen.

My nausea/pain aren't so bad today i don't know if it was anxiety or just a dicky tummy!! that's the problem i don't know the difference alot of the time

thanks guys
    lucky

Lucky

I usually have a dicky tummy 2 - 3 days each week.

Im never sure exactly what causes it - but I always treat it as anxiety (unless you know you've eaten something ropey, are away in a foreign country and have had untreated water etc).

That way, I try and take measures to calm down, and relax, or exercise, or just plain try and ignore it. It usually goes away.

If I treat as a dodgy tummy, and it doesn't go away, then I get anxious that I'm going to be really ill, and have something wrong with me (abdominal area very delicate - my dad died of stomach cancer, and my gran ovarian cancer, so any pain around that area can lead to all sorts of thoughts!)Of course, as we all know - the anxiety only feeds itself, and I end up feeling iller!!!!!

So I treat as anxiety and it usually goes.

I hope that this makes sense? It does to me, but sometimes these things are hard to get over.

Charlie

Hiya,

My nausea/stomach pains are now away (touch wood - madly tapping away at my head!)

I don't know if it was anxiety or just a dicky tummy. Little and often worked for me this time (and possibly the yummy pork pies!!)

Thanks for your help

Love
    lucky

Hiya all

Just when I thought i got it sussed tha panic had tricked me. Ive just been out with my husband with the intent on shopping for bargains. I went on Saturday and it was really busy and i had no real problems, just a bit wobbly.
    Anyway, today we were in the car and i felt really sick. I had to get my hubby to turn the car round and go back home as i was convinced i was gonna make a mess in his car. I didnt feel panicky or anything, just really nauseous. I thought i must have eaten something bad. Kept saying to my hubby...'im sorry i feel sick but at least it isnt panic eh?'
    Lo and behold im home now, hubby has gone out on his own and guess what?...I FEEL FINE!!!!! guess it was panic after all, just a symptom im not used to getting.
    God I am soooooo fed up of this...lol

love Sarah
    xx

Hi sarah

Perhaps you had worked yourself up knowing that the sales were going to be busy - which is a big challenge for us sufferers.

Also, I bet that job interview is on your mind isn't it?

Don't beat yourself up mate - you are doing so well and you will get those great days again.

Take care

xx

Nicola

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information